Iowa State on the Field for the National Anthem?

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I think it would be pretty awesome if Campbell and Lazard marched the team onto the field before the Anthem on Thursday night. I can only imagine how many people would throw a fit watching Lazard take a knee. It wont happen but one can dream.

MarkC

Sep 2, 2017
I think it would be pretty awesome if Campbell and Lazard marched the team onto the field before the Anthem on Thursday night.I can only imagine how many people would throw a fit watching Lazard take a knee. It wont happen but one can dream.

Why would this be a good thing? Just wanting to push buttons and alienate at least half the fan base. Probably not a good thing for the overall program. I hope Lazard just works on consistently catching the ball.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Why would this be a good thing? Just wanting to push buttons and alienate at least half the fan base. Probably not a good thing for the overall program. I hope Lazard just works on consistently catching the ball.
There's that passive aggressive little dig I've seen so many Cyclone fans tossing around since Lazard's tweet. Nice subtle way of saying he should keep his mouth shut. What if he hadn't dropped the ball at all so far this season? Would it be okay for him to express himself then?

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
This is a terrible idea. Matt Campbell AND Allen Lazard are smarter than this. You have 50k+ coming to watch a team that has won 13 games in 4+ years. You don't screw with that. I don't care if players take a knee, I don't care if they don't take a knee, but I do care when people go out of their way to needle others, and I don't care how you try to spin it, that is what it would be. This would be different if ISU was out for the anthem regularly, but this would not be a good look if they did it Thursday.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
There's that passive aggressive little dig I've seen so many Cyclone fans tossing around since Lazard's tweet. Nice subtle way of saying he should keep his mouth shut. What if he hadn't dropped the ball at all so far this season? Would it be okay for him to express himself then?
No, I think people are just surprised at the number of passes he's dropped. Allen is a great kid, has great parents. If he expresses an opinion on this subject, I'm sure he's thought it thru.

Way to go full cynical.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
wpNIWlK.jpg

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I think it would be pretty awesome if Campbell and Lazard marched the team onto the field before the Anthem on Thursday night. I can only imagine how many people would throw a fit watching Lazard take a knee. It wont happen but one can dream.

Well here we have a true Cyclone fan or not. Pathetic to say the least.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I hope Allen scores 4 TD's and takes a knee after each one.

That would cost the team 15 yards on the extra point, so hopefully he doesn't. I still don't know if I can trust a college kicker not named Cole Netten

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Not often you find a dumb WIB post.

It'd be the last game I'd attend until he graduated and most in our group's as well.
1. I'm bored on a tuesday night trying to get the fanatics going.
2. That's pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

MarkC

Sep 2, 2017
No, he has forums away from football where he can take up "the cause" whatever that might be. He's a part of a team that has a great opportunity on Thursday and I would think things like this might be a distraction. But I guess I'm probably wrong.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yeah absolutely pathetic to stand up for what you believe in. God forbid I take my money elsewhere if I don't agree with something.
Technically since he's already given his support to people taking a knee so you should be taking your money elsewhere starting now? Or would it only be if you specifically see someone take a knee?