NCAA BASKETBALL CORRUPTION SCHEME

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Yes. Elite NBA prospects commit to the draft and immediately have signed with an agent. They aren't supposed to talk to agents yet they have these high profiles agents already in place. Come on now.

Can they really not talk to agents? I thought they just couldn't sign.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
FINALLY, someone put handcuffs on the 500lb gorilla in the room. We all knew this shi7 was going on, but nobody was doing anything about it - until now.

A few things: I assume ISU doesn't play this game? And if not, it bodes well for our head coach that's willing to put in legitimate work to land a recruit.

This story is only going to gain steam and as it does, cast a wider net.

EVERYBODY plays this game. It all depends upon how far they're willing to go.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It's good for ISU if this helps cleanup recruiting, but if I were not a big ISU MBB fan my reaction would be BFD.

With as much money that is made off these kids (by everyone involved in basketball) there will always be a tendency to somehow pay to attract better inputs (players). Shame on these coaches for making it so explicit. Hopefully this is just part of the FBI's financial crimes training program and we're not tying up real resources on basketball recruiting.

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
As the practice is becoming more rampant, it's no big surprise that this would be an eventuality. Some are going to be better at covering their tracks than others. I'm curious to see how much of an example is made of those caught.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
We all knew this was happening when we saw players driving BMW's and Audi's.

Writing has been on the wall forever.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Can they really not talk to agents? I thought they just couldn't sign.

You can talk to an agent but you cannot talk business. Cam Reddish (http://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Reddish-77233) was spotted with LeBron has his agent/best friend (http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/tmz-caught-cameron-reddish-with-lebron-james-and-his-agent/) and they didn't talk business? Yeah right.

The corruption warning signs are already there. Reddish met Rich Paul, LeBron and he already commited to Duke, a Nike school. If this guy doesn't sign with Nike and Klutch Sports Group when he turns pro I will donate $100 to Stanz and Fitz sh*tty beer fund.

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
You can talk to an agent but you cannot talk business. Cam Reddish (http://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Reddish-77233) was spotted with LeBron has his agent/best friend (http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/tmz-caught-cameron-reddish-with-lebron-james-and-his-agent/) and they didn't talk business? Yeah right.

The corruption warning signs are already there. Reddish met Rich Paul, LeBron and he already commited to Duke, a Nike school. If this guy doesn't sign with Nike and Klutch Sports Group when he turns pro I will donate $100 to Stanz and Fitz sh*tty beer fund.

Granted I know nothing more than that small article, but that says they can talk business as long as they aren't giving him stuff.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Miami and Louisville looked to be involved as well.

More concerning is this passage: “In one instance, Gatto and the other defendants reportedly funneled $100,000 to the family of a high school basketball player to convince the player to sign with a ‘public research university’ in Kentucky. The complaint doesn't name the university. Based on details provided, it is likely the University of Louisville, which signed a $160 million sponsorship deal with Adidas in August.

In another case, Gatto and other defendants allegedly agreed to make payments of up to $150,000 from Adidas to convince the player to join another team sponsored by the apparel company, according to filings. The university is not named, but based on the information provided, it’s likely the University of Miami, which entered into a 12-year partnership with Adidas in 2015.“

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Louisville not only payed Brian Bowen, but the complaint also mentions another player that was getting paid that is set to graduate in 2019.

They also mention #7 player in the country, not sure if this year or last year that appears to be tied to Duke but no mention of whether he actually got paid.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron