Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The going rate, 100k for a 5 star

Adidas? Good, those uni's are criminal.

UNIFORMS.0.jpg

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Louisville and Pitino need to be majorly punished. Pitino shouldn't be coaching anymore. They got a slap on the wrist for the prostitutes.

I think the question will be how much deniability to the head coaches have on this? Did they purposely keep themselves out of this and let assistants to the dirty work? In my opinion, even if the assistants weren't directed to do so, the head coaches will need to take responsibility.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I think the question will be how much deniability to the head coaches have on this? Did they purposely keep themselves out of this and let assistants to the dirty work? In my opinion, even if the assistants weren't directed to do so, the head coaches will need to take responsibility.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I saw someone hint too that it might be tied to shoe companies trying to steer players a certain way and that an exec from Adidas might be in trouble. Okie State doesn't surprise me because there is no way they should get the interest they do from some players. Arizona has really increased their recruiting profile the last couple of years so that doesn't surprise me either. And Auburn, well that isn't shocking either. But that is huge news, especially that it is federal corruption charges. Holy moly. Maybe there was a reason Underwood got the hell out of OSU

Underwood is pretty sketchy. He took this guy on his staff and also took on at least one shady recruiter (that I know of) at Illinois.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Also, the guy at OSU worked for Frank Martin and 'landed" Thornwell and Dozier. We all know Frank Martin is squeaky clean....

Reactions: isutrevman

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Lamont Evans- associate head coach and recruiting coordinator
One of the nation’s most respected recruiters, Lamont Evans ...

Chuck Person- associate head coach
A force on the recruiting trail, Person ...

Emmanuel Richardson-
... Emmanuel “Book” Richardson has firmly established himself as one of the finest recruiters in college basketball...

Tony Bland-
One of Bland’s many talents is that of being an elite recruiter ...

I wonder why...

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
FINALLY, someone put handcuffs on the 500lb gorilla in the room. We all knew this shi7 was going on, but nobody was doing anything about it - until now.

A few things: I assume ISU doesn't play this game? And if not, it bodes well for our head coach that's willing to put in legitimate work to land a recruit.

This story is only going to gain steam and as it does, cast a wider net.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
FINALLY, someone put handcuffs on the 500lb gorilla in the room. We all knew this shi7 was going on, but nobody was doing anything about it - until now.

A few things: I assume ISU doesn't play this game? And if not, it bodes well for our head coach that's willing to put in legitimate work to land a recruit.

This story is only going to gain steam and as it does, cast a wider net.

I don't think we can assume anything at this point. I would venture to guess everyone plays the game a little.

What I'd like a 30 for 30 on is the insider guys the FBI was using to get in close in these situations. That would be fascinating.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Question is, what trouble will the schools and head coaches get into. What did the head coaches know? Are there current players on these teams that were involved? There is going to be a lot more coming out about this I presume.
Yes. Elite NBA prospects commit to the draft and immediately have signed with an agent. They aren't supposed to talk to agents yet they have these high profiles agents already in place. Come on now.