Teske out

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
There's no benefit to Teske in wasting 2 of his 5 official visits on ISU and Iowa. The only difference from the numerous trips he's already made is that the school pays for it.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don't think most of these kids want to take 7-8 trips. Official visits get the royal treatment by the school & staff. Yeah i agree if you still have no idea to not use them on Iowa or Iowa State, but don't think he would want to use them on schools he basically ruled out already

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The NCAA allows 5 official visits to D1 and D2 schools combined. You are allowed an unlimited number of unofficial visits. You may only take ONE official visit per institution. Each official visit may be up to 48 hrs.

Thanks for clarifying. I couldn't remember the exact number of visits, and my experience was football (quite awhile ago)so I don't know if every sport is the same or not either.

CyAGR

Nov 21, 2014
Iowa
Sanderson lost 1 time to Jenn while unattached. He then beat Jenn by major, tech fall, and disqualification/tech. With all due respect, I don't think that is struggling.

• Agree
Reactions: csteve

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Sanderson lost 1 time to Jenn while unattached. He then beat Jenn by major, tech fall, and disqualification/tech. With all due respect, I don't think that is struggling.

Ok...maybe I should clarify. "Struggle" was the wrong word.

The point I was making was that Cael Sanderson...the greatest college wrestler in the history of college wrestling...lost as a true freshman to an upper classman.

Brody Teske is a high school senior, wrestling a college sophomore (redshirt freshman), at the C-RTC. It should come as no surprise that a college sophomore would get the better of a senior in high school, if that is what is happening.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I don't think it hurts. Next big recruiting weekend is Oct 13-15. Same weekend as Kansas game, I believe & fanfest on Sunday

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
The fact that he was rumored to be going to Iowa for a visit the weekend before and cancelled it (and he was supposedly a lock to PSU according to Flo - those guys don't know ****) and then visited ISU the next weekend with all of the other recruits has to be decent news. It's one thing if he's leaning or even silently committed to PSU and still goes to CRTC practices -- but i doubt if he was silently committed to PSU that he would take ANOTHER visit to ISU like he did last weekend. I do think it is between us and PSU - but I don't think he has obviously made up his mind yet.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The fact that he was rumored to be going to Iowa for a visit the weekend before and cancelled it (and he was supposedly a lock to PSU according to Flo - those guys don't know ****) and then visited ISU the next weekend with all of the other recruits has to be decent news. It's one thing if he's leaning or even silently committed to PSU and still goes to CRTC practices -- but i doubt if he was silently committed to PSU that he would take ANOTHER visit to ISU like he did last weekend. I do think it is between us and PSU - but I don't think he has obviously made up his mind yet.

I think he was just there for CRTC practice and not on an official visit at Iowa State.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
I think he was just there for CRTC practice and not on an official visit at Iowa State.

I don't know if it was an "official" visit - but he was definitely at the game with the other recruits, had a lanyard around his neck and took a picture with all the other guys..

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
You might be right. Did not know for sure who that was. Pretty sure Bennett is next to Carr