Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
But without that do list what is her incentive to keep you alive? ;)

The older women get the less they need men. The older men get the more they need women. Young men want women, old men need women.

#boxsterthoughts
Catch 22 here. If she knocked me off, who would do her honeydo list? Never mind. She'd find somebody else before my casket was in the ground, as BC mentioned.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Maybe go up a few more? I love Target (as much as I like a store, anyway).
That cleaner than Wal-Mart thing sums it up. I hate Wal-Mart in an almost Hank Hill way, but I can handle Target.

Me too. And the vixen doesn't understand why. I've tried to tell her about what a terrible community partner they are, and how their owners give little or nothing to charity, but she doesn't want to hear that.

I like Target. Heck, I'd rather go to a dollar store than Wally World.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Me too. And the vixen doesn't understand why. I've tried to tell her about what a terrible community partner they are, and how their owners give little or nothing to charity, but she doesn't want to hear that.

I like Target. Heck, I'd rather go to a dollar store than Wally World.

Wal-Mart has the AE chip dip that I like. That gets a couple visits every year, but I could just go a couple more blocks to Hy-Vee.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Wal-Mart has the AE chip dip that I like. That gets a couple visits every year, but I could just go a couple more blocks to Hy-Vee.

My relatives in Wisconsin all beg me to bring mucho containers of AE dip when I come to visit. They eat it with their fingers. (Don't need anything to dip in it.)

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Still gotta go higher . . . . ;)

When you live in Ames there is literally no where else to shop for kids' clothes and even women's clothes/shoes. And for some reason milk is almost a dollar cheaper there than at Fareway.

I probably do 75% of my shopping at Fareway, Kohl's, our local hardware store, and Amazon Prime

Our "we have a monopoly" Hy-Vee charges $3.39 for their cheapest gallon of milk, Hy-Vee brand.

Nearest Fareway charges $2.49 for a gallon of AE. At 36 mpg, and the amount of milk we drink, I save money on the 20 mile trip in milk alone. Our Dollar General was undercutting Hy-Vee on milk for a while, and the Hy-Vee manager got all pissy with them.

I have to go to Des Moines or Ames for a Target, so I usually just go there when going shopping for more stuff, going to see kid or a game in Ames, etc. I am always in one on tax free weekend and I wish I could wear armor.

I am a big fan of the local hardware store. I had traded cars with the kids one day and I was driving a Focus and decided to buy a stack of those hard plastic Adirondack chairs at $18 each. Told the guy to hold them for me until I got my car back, and he said he had to deliver a lawn mower repair in our end of town and he would just bring them with in his truck. When I got home, they were on the front porch, with a large potted mum he must have just decided to throw in for free that had a smiley sticker on it.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
One of the last times I went to Walmart was when I was out of town and forgot to pack some socks. I walked in and grabbed a package and proceeded to the check out. There was 2 lines about 10-15 people deep and no self checkout.
I decided socks weren't that important that night. Stopped at Tractor Supply and bought socks in the morning.

Reactions: carvers4math
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron