Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Bad idea because she's in Wisconsin and it should have been a full pitcher?

Good update. Lots of details an excitement. It was a bit like a book you can't put down and I liked that the game ended in a tie. That was a surprise twist to a narrative that usually only goes one of two ways.

so there's a sponsor bar for kickball and you get 2 free pitchers. Some of them went before the game cause we didn't play til 8:30. But only 4 people went. And they got two pitchers still. Normally I don't think she'd have had that much!

and I think these kickball post reviews should become a thing, haha.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
There is very little I find more off-putting than an arrogant POS -- evil or unkind POS I guess.

I also like some really old lawyer movies. "A Man for All Seasons" is definitely one of them. Also the old movie about the Nuremberg trials that focuses on the German judges, I think it's "Judgment at Nuremberg."
"A Man for All Seasons" is a great movie. The humble and personal morality of More is just so moving.

That being said, my favorite Lawyer movie is "And Justice for All". It's just so ridiculous and entertaining.

Reactions: carvers4math

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
so there's a sponsor bar for kickball and you get 2 free pitchers. Some of them went before the game cause we didn't play til 8:30. But only 4 people went. And they got two pitchers still. Normally I don't think she'd have had that much!

That was maybe the best part of playing softball when we were younger. We were sponsored by Bunkers, a local bar that had the best local bands. We would get free cover after our games and get something like half-priced drinks with our shirts on.

Reactions: cowgirl836

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Im not great at math, but that's only two glasses of beer per person. You still live in Wisconsin, right? So the people drinking those two beers were Wisconsinites, right?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Bad idea because she's in Wisconsin and it should have been a full pitcher?

Good update. Lots of details an excitement. It was a bit like a book you can't put down and I liked that the game ended in a tie. That was a surprise twist to a narrative that usually only goes one of two ways.

I stopped reading after she said that DH nailed a guy in the ass with a ball.

Then I promptly reported the post.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Saw one of these for the first time ever when we went to the corn maze in Bondurant. I thought it was a really neat idea. I wanted to jump in & play in it, but I think the kids in there would have thought I was weird...
They'd be no different than the rest of us KC.;)

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I'm beginning my third week of this chest cold. I just seem to shake the coughing and congestion. The last 4 nights I've slathered Vicks Vaporub on my chest before bed, and I've been taking Pertussin as well. It hasn't been bad for the last few days, except for when I lie down.

Anybody else had this, or have any advice? (@jcyclonee, I know that good brandy works wonders. You can come over and self-medicate with me if you want.) I just want to get rid of it.
Pneumonia?? I'd get checked by a doc.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm beginning my third week of this chest cold. I just seem to shake the coughing and congestion. The last 4 nights I've slathered Vicks Vaporub on my chest before bed, and I've been taking Pertussin as well. It hasn't been bad for the last few days, except for when I lie down.

Anybody else had this, or have any advice? (@jcyclonee, I know that good brandy works wonders. You can come over and self-medicate with me if you want.) I just want to get rid of it.
So, I'm going to say that thing that no man ever wants to hear. If a cough is still with you after three weeks, GO SEE THE DOCTOR.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
"A Man for All Seasons" is a great movie. The humble and personal morality of More is just so moving.

That being said, my favorite Lawyer movie is "And Justice for All". It's just so ridiculous and entertaining.

"My client, the honorable Henry T. Fleming, should go right to ******* jail!"

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So, I'm going to say that thing that no man ever wants to hear. If a cough is still with you after three weeks, GO SEE THE DOCTOR.

I actually texted my GP this morning to get his opinion. Pretty sure he'll want to listen to my chest, and then he'll give me some antibiotic. But yeah, I don't want this to turn into pneumonia.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I get a small panic attack whenever I see someone on Facebook or twitter screenshot their phone and they have hundreds or thousands of unread messages or emails.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I actually texted my GP this morning to get his opinion. Pretty sure he'll want to listen to my chest, and then he'll give me some antibiotic. But yeah, I don't want this to turn into pneumonia.
I'm yelling because I've been there twice now...I let a cough keep going and ended up with walking "petunia" (as my mama used to call it).

• Funny
  • Friendly
Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Saw one of these for the first time ever when we went to the corn maze in Bondurant. I thought it was a really neat idea. I wanted to jump in & play in it, but I think the kids in there would have thought I was weird...

I may or may not have gotten buried in one of these last year by my daughter and her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron