Cyclones.tv for the opener

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've tried the HDMI thing to no avail. Do you set it up like a second monitor?

No, just plug it in and select the correct HDMI input on your TV and your laptop should display on your computer. If your laptop doesn't display try hitting function F8. Once your computer is displayed on your TV just make it full screen on your laptop and you should be good to go.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ha! In all seriousness, I know the Cyclones.tv staff is going to do everything in their power to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Actually thought of another that you might have some insight. Someone said they appear to be running new fiber optics around the stadium. Is this at least in part to get around some of the problems that Cyclones.TV has had with the broadcasts?

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Actually thought of another that you might have some insight. Someone said they appear to be running new fiber optics around the stadium. Is this at least in part to get around some of the problems that Cyclones.TV has had with the broadcasts?
I'm not really involved on the tech side, but with what little knowledge I have, the fiber stuff isn't related to the issues of the past. The issues have been the bandwith load with so many thousands of fans logging in at the same time. It hasn't been on the content delivery side, which is what the fiber would be for.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ha! In all seriousness, I know the Cyclones.tv staff is going to do everything in their power to make sure everything runs smoothly.

I feel kind of bad for the staff as a lot of this falls on them, and I doubt they have a whole lot to do with the actual problem. I'm sure things were promised to them by vendors that were later not delivered on.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentblum

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Going to try it with Roku this year. Hoping that bypasses some of the mess I/most of us had last year.

It took until maybe 2nd quarter last year before became reliable to watch. We have a Roku (a couple years old). The 2nd half video quality seemed pretty good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Great, doing a gamewatch in Mpls with the bar streaming Cyclone.TV. Hope it isn't a cluster up production like last year when I gave up and just turned it off.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Part of a culture change for ISU football that I wish someone like CMC had control over would be to make the season opener between 2/3 of the big state schools visible to everyone on a local channel. You know if Hawkdom was in the same situation they'd be practically rioting and probably get their way.

Having something with this low of direct availability makes a college football game feel like it's on the same level of importance as an early December non-conference basketball game.

This isn't an ISU thing as much as it's a Big 12 thing. Oklahoma-Tulane is on PPV in week 3.

Help Support Us

Become a patron