Game of Thrones Season 7

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Strange thought that just popped into my head:

If Daenarys was killed by the walkers, would they be able to burn her body or would she still be fireproof?

I don't know where I read this, but I thought I read somewhere that Dany was only actually fireproof during the moment when the three eggs hatched in Drogo's funeral pyre. Otherwise, while she does exhibit extreme tolerances to heat and flame, she's not actually fireproof. Case in point, and I know the books are separate from the TV show, but when she escaped Meereen on Drogon to the Dothraki Sea during the coup attempt she actually was scorched. In fact, the "Unburnt" title would actually only refer to when she sat in the fire with the eggs.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't know where I read this, but I thought I read somewhere that Dany was only actually fireproof during the moment when the three eggs hatched in Drogo's funeral pyre. Otherwise, while she does exhibit extreme tolerances to heat and flame, she's not actually fireproof. Case in point, and I know the books are separate from the TV show, but when she escaped Meereen on Drogon to the Dothraki Sea during the coup attempt she actually was scorched. In fact, the "Unburnt" title would actually only refer to when she sat in the fire with the eggs.

Yeah, pretty sure she's just fireproof in the show. No dragon egg magic protecting her here, clearly her clothes burned off, unless she just felt like being naked in front of the people

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I think Melisandre has made references to AA/TPTWP to many times for us not to get at a minimum her realizing there never was one, or her nodding in approval of whoever it is. It is already built into the story.

The visions and prophecies are really difficult to judge, because Cersei's from Maggie the Frog is the only one that has shown veracity. Is there a Prince that was promised? I don't know, maybe Martin doesn't know.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Viserion was the bigger threat to his army at the time. Drogon was essentially a school bus at that moment - lying on the ground as Dany and Jon loaded people onto Drogon's back - not exactly a threat at that moment. Meanwhile, Viserion was flying around shooting jets of fire at his undead army. Just because your zerg is made up of disposable soldiers doesn't mean you intentionally waste them. So take out the bigger threat. And yes, Drogon is bigger - but Viserion is still a dragon and does devastating damage all on his own - and he almost got Drogon as well anyway.

Just like trap shooting... shoot the target farthest away first. :)

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Is the Night King immune to fire also? We've seen him part fire as he walks through it twice now.
I think it was just symbolizing how cold he is. They talked in the show about how a snow storm normally follows him where ever he goes. I figured the fires weren't hot enough. It's just like 2 weeks ago when the Dothraki rode horses through freshly burned soldiers.

• Informative
Reactions: Ty4cy1104

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Strange thought that just popped into my head:

If Daenarys was killed by the walkers, would they be able to burn her body or would she still be fireproof?
Unstoppable wight?
I think it was just symbolizing how cold he is. They talked in the show about how a snow storm normally follows him where ever he goes. I figured the fires weren't hot enough. It's just like 2 weeks ago when the Dothraki rode horses through freshly burned soldiers.
This, Fire seems to smolder when they walk near it so it's hard to say if direct fire would have an effect or not.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Been resisting all of the fan theories for the most part. Way too much over thinking of everything although I am interested in the why being dead before is seemingly important as they do keep referencing it repeatedly this season in the "why you" and "why me" dialogue and the last scene where the Jon Snow scars remind us again. Probably a next season thing for being addressed.

Man, I hope they do not go for some common TV pulp fare contrived cliff hanger at the end of the season Sunday.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Been resisting all of the fan theories for the most part. Way too much over thinking of everything although I am interested in the why being dead before is seemingly important as they do keep referencing it repeatedly this season in the "why you" and "why me" dialogue and the last scene where the Jon Snow scars remind us again. Probably a next season thing for being addressed.

Man, I hope they do not go for some common TV pulp fare contrived cliff hanger at the end of the season Sunday.
To be fair they already did that with Jon bleeding out a couple of years ago.

My prediction for the final shot of the season: the army of the dead at the wall and the night king riding viserion.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yeah, they don't have time for a wall battle unless its an absolute slaughter. I am guessing **** goes really wrong in kings landing and we get a big battle there.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, they don't have time for a wall battle unless its an absolute slaughter. I am guessing **** goes really wrong in kings landing and we get a big battle there.

I don't suppose Cersei's "IDGAF about anything except for my glass of wine and ******* my twin brother" has anything to do with it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
To be fair they already did that with Jon bleeding out a couple of years ago.

My prediction for the final shot of the season: the army of the dead at the wall and the night king riding viserion.

Kinda but nobody thought Jon Snow was dead for good with Melisandre in the wings.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Euron vs the Night King. Who ya cheering for?
double-ko.gif