Game of Thrones Season 7

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Where did the NK buy the chains? Hardhome Depot. (Reddit)
The Night King has been around since the Children of the Forrest created him when Man first started taking over Westeros. He has fought plenty of humans, whether wildlings or northernfolk/Andals, I am sure they have come across chains before. Where have they been this whole time? Idk. But as far as things go, that isn't as impossible to think they have chains at their disposal after thousands of years.

Ty4cy1104

Sep 1, 2012
Nevada, IA
So Jon and Gendry have known each other for roughly 20 minutes. Yet they had time to discuss who was good at running long distances? I guess that topic must have come up after him freezing his *** off and never seeing snow before.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie and State43

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So Jon and Gendry have known each other for roughly 20 minutes. Yet they had time to discuss who was good at running long distances? I guess that topic must have come up after him freezing his *** off and never seeing snow before.
You think it took 20 minutes to get from DragonStone to East Watch, then to the arrowhead mountain north of the wall? Although, this all could have been handled far quicker if they brought ******* ravens with them, like the Night's Watch always does.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
The Night King has been around since the Children of the Forrest created him when Man first started taking over Westeros. He has fought plenty of humans, whether wildlings or northernfolk/Andals, I am sure they have come across chains before. Where have they been this whole time? Idk. But as far as things go, that isn't as impossible to think they have chains at their disposal after thousands of years.

Ok, there are dragons and zombies so nitpicking is suspect, but the wildlings don't even widely have swords. Many fight with stone tools, and in Westeros it was a full blown effort by all the smiths in King's Landinh to make Tyrion's chain for the Battle of the Blackwater. So, I don't see how it is possible for there to be chains like that, unless it were magic that far north.

It looked cool though.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
You think it took 20 minutes to get from DragonStone to East Watch, then to the arrowhead mountain north of the wall? Although, this all could have been handled far quicker if they brought ******* ravens with them, like the Night's Watch always does.
There was not a whole lot of thought put into it. The thought was put into the effects.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Ok, there are dragons and zombies so nitpicking is suspect, but the wildlings don't even widely have swords. Many fight with stone tools, and in Westeros it was a full blown effort by all the smiths in King's Landinh to make Tyrion's chain for the Battle of the Blackwater. So, I don't see how it is possible for there to be chains like that, unless it were magic that far north.

It looked cool though.
That is true, I was thinking it isn't unlikely that throught the thousands of years, and the first battle of the long night, they could've gotten chains there. Or even more likely, from Hardhome and any ships/docking chains that could have been left behind at that battle. idk, just spit-balling.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
That is true, I was thinking it isn't unlikely that throught the thousands of years, and the first battle of the long night, they could've gotten chains there. Or even more likely, from Hardhome and any ships/docking chains that could have been left behind at that battle. idk, just spit-balling.

I'd like to come up with a way to explain it, but can't. Similarly, how well the wights are armored and their weaponry.

Any battle that took place in the long night's participants would be skeletons, that's thousands of years ago, and there have been summers. There have been battles between the Night's Watch and wildlings, but it doesn't explain the size of the army to me. IMO the Night's King would be desperate to get south of the wall to get to the vast majority of the dead to revive.

I am sure it is logistics like this that are causing the delay of the books. I mean, the Nights King raises the dead. The dead do not get buried with their weapons, I suppose some do. How does he arm them? He has the good fortune not to have to feed them, but old battle fields with skeletons that have Bronze Age weaponry thinly distributed won't be a ton of help.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I'd like to come up with a way to explain it, but can't. Similarly, how well the wights are armored and their weaponry.

Any battle that took place in the long night's participants would be skeletons, that's thousands of years ago, and there have been summers. There have been battles between the Night's Watch and wildlings, but it doesn't explain the size of the army to me. IMO the Night's King would be desperate to get south of the wall to get to the vast majority of the dead to revive.

I am sure it is logistics like this that are causing the delay of the books. I mean, the Nights King raises the dead. The dead do not get buried with their weapons, I suppose some do. How does he arm them? He has the good fortune not to have to feed them, but old battle fields with skeletons that have Bronze Age weaponry thinly distributed won't be a ton of help.
The wights are an annoyance to their foes, and thats about it, but that is all they have to be. They are the storm-troopers of GoT. But to your point once he revives them, they become part of their army, so he doesn't have to worry about the dead dying on them as they are north of the wall. They have giants, animals, and now a dragon and Direwolf on their side. My assumption was always every thing dead that they come across is now theirs, whether it bones or a freshly dead body. They don't decompose with time, or they'd be all dust and rubble by now.

Last edited:

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
The wights are an annoyance to their foes, and thats about it. They are the storm-troopers of GoT. But to your point once he revives them, they become part of their army, so he doesn't have to worry about the dead dying on them as they are north of the wall. They have giants, animals, and now a dragon and Direwolf on their side. My assumption was always every thing dead that they come across is now theirs, whether it bones or a freshly dead body. They don't decompose with time, or they'd be all dust and rubble by now.

If they don't turn out to be more than an annoyance, the Night's King is in trouble.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
If they don't turn out to be more than an annoyance, the Night's King is in trouble.
What do you expect them to be? The best they can do is have a **** ton of them at one time take out a person, just by simply overwhelming them, but other than that, they get beat to hell pretty regularly and they aren't exactly the smartest

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
I have a hard time watching the Sansa and Arya interaction. I'm hopeful Arya is 2 steps ahead of LF and is scaring Sansa on purpose to set a trap convincingly. Earlier, someone posted the idea that Arya has already killed LF and used his face. I doubt that's happened, but that would be better than the current surface-level interactions.

On the other hand, I had been holding out hope that the story would turn dark with Jon and Beric - that because they've been dead they would be vulnerable to the control of the NK. Then, perhaps "Evil Jon" champions the fight against the humans. Maybe Bran is an evil mastermind and has been pulling the strings... And we have to cheer for everyone else to join together to beat the dead. And maybe they would lose? How crazy would that be? Instead it looks like it's going to be a love story where there are some set backs and losses, but eventually everything works out.

It's still a great show and I'll watch every minute of it. It just seems like a missed opportunity to be both original and consistent with the surprises of the early seasons.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Something I thought of this morning. You now have zombie Viserion, named after Viserys who was killed by Drogo which is who Drogon was named after.

Knight King riding Viserion v. Dany riding Drogon foreshadowing? Maybe Jon isn't the one on the path to taking out the army of the dead.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron