Friday OT #2 - But WHY?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
People who back into parking spaces rather than pull in them. Overall it's quicker and easier to back into an aisle over a small parking space, thus will save time and effort if done "normal." Bonus points for the people who back into spaces when they could have driven a few extra spots and just drive into a spot through to the next one, allowing them to drive out into an aisle and completely avoid backing up when parking and leaving. Sorry for the rant, however waiting for someone to back into a parking space is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Backing is waaaay easier in a full size truck.

Also, we are supposed to with work vehicles because it's "safer".

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
People who back into parking spaces rather than pull in them. Overall it's quicker and easier to back into an aisle over a small parking space, thus will save time and effort if done "normal." Bonus points for the people who back into spaces when they could have driven a few extra spots and just drive into a spot through to the next one, allowing them to drive out into an aisle and completely avoid backing up when parking and leaving. Sorry for the rant, however waiting for someone to back into a parking space is a huge pet peeve of mine.
Had to quote this because what in the actual **** is this about. One of my biggest pet peeves. Is there some sort of impending disaster these people are preparing for? Are they going to have to dive in to their cars Dukes of Hazard style and speed away from Roscoe after shopping at Target? Do they hate work so hard that backing out of their parking space is too much time to spend there? I just want to throat punch these people when I have to wait for them.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nose rings the ones between the nostrils. Just want to get a rope and attach it to the person and lead them around.

• Agree
Reactions: SaraV

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Soccer and Bon Iver

I don't get soccer, but love me some Bon Iver! Janny calls him "Ben Seaver" to annoy me.

I have a 14yr old who is a big fan. She got me listening to their non-radio songs, don't totally hate them. But hubby is more like you. When he really want to get to her he will call them Twenty-Two Navigators.

I think it's just that it seems like either crappy attempts at rap, or trying-too-hard-to-be-hip attempts at pop? I don't know, I just can't take it. And I'm tired of hearing about their social agenda - I like social agendas, I just don't need it forced down my throat.

ear gauges. why would you do that? I can only imagine what that will look like in your later years in life.

I also don't get that! You're going to have elephant ears when you're 80. Same with face tattoos.

55dB

Dec 21, 2014
Omaha
Had to quote this because what in the actual **** is this about. One of my biggest pet peeves. Is there some sort of impending disaster these people are preparing for? Are they going to have to dive in to their cars Dukes of Hazard style and speed away from Roscoe after shopping at Target? Do they hate work so hard that backing out of their parking space is too much time to spend there? I just want to throat punch these people when I have to wait for them.

They made the parking spots in downtown Omaha spots that you have to back into, and I HATE it.

Reactions: Angie

88clone

Feb 3, 2014
West Des Moines
Jeans with sport coats
Flatbill hats
Guys combing their hair all to the middle of their head so they look like they have a roof on their head

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I have a 14yr old who is a big fan. She got me listening to their non-radio songs, don't totally hate them. But hubby is more like you. When he really want to get to her he will call them Twenty-Two Navigators.

Right now not digging any 90's fashion trends that are making the rounds. Lived through it once, no need to repeat. And SnapChat "streaks" that kids think they need to keep. I do use SC quite a bit, but not keeping any streaks. And if you do not have a teen who uses the app, you probably have no clue what I am talking about. . . .

I'm assuming this isn't streaking like the 70's early 80's version, but if you want to explain it I'm willing to learn.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
ear gauges. why would you do that? I can only imagine what that will look like in your later years in life.

Worked in a ski rental shop with a guy that had them bigger than quarters. Decent enough guy, but I'm not sure he was thinking long term. To each their own I guess.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Baseball hats that guys don't break in and have the straight bill. Hate that.

The term BAE. Just ******* stop.

Why girls wear jeans that have literally 100 rips or tears in them.

Instagram.

Pokemon Go last year was just the worst

The Kardashians and/or people who are famous for no real reason other than they are rich and pretty

The Real Housewives of Anywhere

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Yeah, tattoos. Especially on females - four of my five daughters have them, and of course good ol' Dad doesn't say a word, because it's not my body, but....I just think they make women look....what? Used. Trashy. Sorry, just a personal thing (although my wife agrees with me!).

Also, what's the deal with wearing sunglasses on the back of your head and upside down? WTF? Like major league ballplayers who do this on overcast days. A fashion accessory, I guess, but lots of those shades cost big bucks, and as a former player myself I wouldn't want to risk breaking them when I wasn't even using them.

The pants thing on guys, of course. Wish someone would explain that to me.

Angie - agree on Big Bang. I tried watching it for awhile and I came to the conclusion it must be a guy thing so you can watch Kaley Cuoco wear different tight clothing.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Baseball hats that guys don't break in and have the straight bill. Hate that.

The term BAE. Just ******* stop.

Why girls wear jeans that have literally 100 rips or tears in them.

Instagram.

Pokemon Go last year was just the worst

The Kardashians and/or people who are famous for no real reason other than they are rich and pretty

The Real Housewives of Anywhere

Bae is the Danish word for poop.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They made the parking spots in downtown Omaha spots that you have to back into, and I HATE it.
I avoid downtown and only go if I have to. I saw those last time I was down there over by the police station.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Skinny jeans on men.
Pictured, GTO waiting for the bus.
jncobus.png