SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
MIzzou
PR final
Iowa
UNI

OF those 4 we can win 2 of those I think. I think this team will def get better as the year goes on as young teams tend to do. 10-2 i predict no worse than 9-3. If we can finish .500 in conf play we could be bubble team.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
MIzzou
PR final
Iowa
UNI

OF those 4 we can win 2 of those I think. I think this team will def get better as the year goes on as young teams tend to do. 10-2 i predict no worse than 9-3. If we can finish .500 in conf play we could be bubble team.

If we finish 9-3 and 9-9, we'd definitely be a bubble team. I think some forget that the last 3 years we've been 3 or 4 seeds in the tournament. There's a lot of average teams that make the NCAA tournament each year. 18 wins wouldn't be a sure thing, but there's no way we wouldn't be in the conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If we finish 9-3 and 9-9, we'd definitely be a bubble team. I think some forget that the last 3 years we've been 3 or 4 seeds in the tournament. There's a lot of average teams that make the NCAA tournament each year. 18 wins wouldn't be a sure thing, but there's no way we wouldn't be in the conversation.

Three non con losses and a 9-9 record in the Big 12 is going to get you in 9 out of 9 times...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
http://admin.cyclones.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1162

DFwEil1VwAAZwoq.jpg

I much prefer having more of the nearby regional schools than a bunch of Mississippi Valley State-type games.

• Agree
Reactions: Sigmapolis

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I don't see Fran ever winning in Ames. Much more worried about the UNI game as we always seem to suck at Wells Fargo.

Hoping we don't struggle at Wells Fargo in March 2019!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Going into CSP'S 3rd season at ISU, it seems to me his teams are slow out of the gate. Look how much better Young and Jackson were playing at the end of the year than at the start. I think CSP is a great coach but it just takes time for some reason for him to get his teams up to their potential.

So I would not expect a win at Missouri and those tournament games, anything can happen. Iowa is just our 8th game of the year and we will still not be fully in gear yet for that one. Mad Fran, to his credit, his teams play well pretty much from day one. If anything, they deteriorate as the season goes on, but boy they can beat you in November or December. Thus our home games with them always seem to be close. So obviously I am hoping for the best but even though this schedule is fairly soft, I hate to say it but I think we will have 3 to 4 losses in there. Please (CSP and his Cyclones) prove me wrong.

A true freshman and a first year juco who was going to RS started off slow?

That's what you call normal.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.
--Yogi Berra

That might be the quote I was trying to remember, with my comment of "50% half-mental."

Maybe he said both at different times. But I'm not sure anymore which Yogi-isms are true and which are fabricated.

As Berra allegedly stated, "I really didn't say everything I said."

Reactions: DesMoinesCy

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

When was the last time we had a season opener this exciting? It's not at Hilton, but between our own new players and low expectations and Mizzou's revived program, it should be a real fun game for us fans. A loss is expected, but a win on the road would be huge.

Reactions: srjclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron