***Official USMNT Thread***

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
JK was a terrible tactician and in game coach, but what he did for development in this country is huge.

As far as the game last night. Acosta is still a couple years away, the speed is getting him, Bradley is still a very good 6, Yedlin has nothing to worry about, Nagbe is in our starting 11 somehow, Altidore is good, Dempsey is a Super Sub, Arriola needs to be a Sub, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH JORDAN MORRIS hahaha

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
JK was a terrible tactician and in game coach, but what he did for development in this country is huge.

As far as the game last night. Acosta is still a couple years away, the speed is getting him, Bradley is still a very good 6, Yedlin has nothing to worry about, Nagbe is in our starting 11 somehow, Altidore is good, Dempsey is a Super Sub, Arriola needs to be a Sub, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH JORDAN MORRIS hahaha
Jorge Villafaña is also not a worthy LB for a world cup team, IMO. I've never been able to stand Zusi's game in International play, but he works hard and has the trust of the coaches he plays for so there has to be something there. Morris is a bit of a mystery but was happy to see him finish last night.

Completely agree about JK, people will have a bad impression of him with the way everything went down, but he came in and made it known that USA soccer needs to improve in a lot of places to compete regularly with the powers of the world.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
What does that even mean?
giphy.gif

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
When you need a free kick or a corner that has to be put in the right spot then Zusi is the man.
But what if we had someone that didn't turn it over every time he tried to get service into the box.

I like Zusi, just thought he was really bad last night.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

Not a Nagbe fan?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Zusi problem at this point in time i

very much a Nagbe fan, said he should be in our starting 11 somehow. Seems to be the only one other than Pulisic that can create off the dribble.

I would turn Nagbe in to a 6 he reminds me so much of Ngolo kante the way he buzzes around and his nice close control.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Cyowan008

Feb 27, 2014
Ankeny, IA
What are everyone's thoughts on the dark hoop kits? I'm a fan.

Absolutely LOVE the kits. They are my favorite in a long time. I wasn't sure about the stars at first, but seeing a few games I think the jersey would come across very dark and blah if they weren't there.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My thoughts from last night and I'll preface by saying I know little about soccer or the personnel.

-The game last night reminded me of when the US would play a European power. The US would do what Jamaica did last night. Just pack it in on defense and bend but don't break and wait for opportunities. Towards the second half, you just knew it was a matter of time before the US got another. Reminds me if the US would play someone like a Brazil/Germany/Spain ect.

-I can't stand watching games on the West coast that start around 6:30 their time. The half sun/shade field is annoying. It is also annoying watching everyone slip.

-I don't remember the reffing much which must mean they did a good job. Nice to just let the players tell the story.

-Jordan Morris is faster than I thought he was.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Question for the gurus:

Out of the starting 11 last night, which would not be starting if you had the US in the World Cup playing it's "A" team? I assume Pulisic is in there somewhere but beyond that, I have no idea.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Question for the gurus:

Out of the starting 11 last night, which would not be starting if you had the US in the World Cup playing it's "A" team? I assume Pulisic is in there somewhere but beyond that, I have no idea.

Out of the starting 11 last night the only starters would be Howard, Bradley, Nagbe, and Altidore if World Cup started tomorrow. By 2018 I could see Acosta as a starter. That is it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Question for the gurus:

Fabian Johnson and John Brooks will have spots