MLB: ***Official 2017 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
Lackey hasn't given up a HR yet but has loaded the bases on hit batsmen. So he has that going for him...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
They retaliate against Happ which seemed really dumb in that situation. This should be some good beef over the next couple of days.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Javy is 0/5 with 5 K's, all swinging.

Not sure what that is even called. The Golden Sombrero is 0/4 with 4 K's, right?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Figured he'd be DFA, there was no room or need for him on the 25 man roster after the Quintana trade and how Butler and Montgomery proved to be much more capable end of the rotation options.

Really hope they find a capable veteran backup catcher so they can sent Caratini back to AAA where he can develop better. Lot of rumors floating around for pitching help and they may very well trade for another pitcher by the deadline but the backup catcher to me is where the biggest need is right now so we don't over-use and tire out Wilson before the playoffs. Probably can fill that need easier than the pitching you'd think without having to give up too much in a trade or maybe even luck out that possibly someone gets DFA or waived after Aug 1 too.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
So we got Swarzak from the White Sox, Garza to the DL, mystery starter for tomorrow as Suter is still listed for Friday.

giphy.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So we got Swarzak from the White Sox, Garza to the DL, mystery starter for tomorrow as Suter is still listed for Friday.

Neat.
Let's deal with the most important question: Who will be starting this weekend when the Cubs pass you by for good, or will we the Cubs just be expanding their lead this weekend having taken the lead tonight or tomorrow?

Short version: Which of the next 3 days do you expect to lose your division lead for good?
I'll hang up and listen.

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Neat.
Let's deal with the most important question: Who will be starting this weekend when the Cubs pass you by for good, or will we the Cubs just be expanding their lead this weekend having taken the lead tonight or tomorrow?

Short version: Which of the next 3 days do you expect to lose your division lead for good?
I'll hang up and listen.

Suter, Guerra, and Gray. July 32nd.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I am guessing tonight, and I'll be honest I am not stoked about the Davies v. Lackey matchup. Grey will likely be pitching for the yankees in Detroit next week.
Maybe not, who would have thought the nats were gonna play like the brew crew did for the last 2 weeks.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron