Ku loses KC broadcaster ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Rather odd happening at this time of year. They also lost the state's lead AM station in Topeka. This may be more a reflection on AM radio popularity than Ku sports' draw. That media source has to be about as popular at the evening newspaper.

http://www.610sports.com/articles/ku-games-no-longer-610-sports-radio

I read separately that some former SI and USAToday writers are forming an on-line for pay sports page.

• Informative
Reactions: ianoconnor

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I'm a big 610 listener because they have been the home of the Royals for the last 10 years. I enjoy some of their non-Royals stuff, but without their exclusive coverage I wouldn't really tune in.

ku will probably get picked up by 610's little brother and I don't think this will affect 610 at all.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Rather odd happening at this time of year. They also lost the state's lead AM station in Topeka. This may be more a reflection on AM radio popularity than Ku sports' draw. That media source has to be about as popular at the evening newspaper.

http://www.610sports.com/articles/ku-games-no-longer-610-sports-radio

I read separately that some former SI and USAToday writers are forming an on-line for pay sports page.
What made you think that anyone here would find this even remotely interesting? I am a KU fan and this bores me.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What made you think that anyone here would find this even remotely interesting? I am a KU fan and this bores me.

It's a message board, you don't have to click on the thread or reply to it if it doesn't interest you.

I'd say as a whole, most of the stuff Surly reports is interesting to me but to each their own.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

This actually has a little juice here in Lawrence and the KC area. I know it's not as interesting as ku players commiting felony vandalism (getting charged with way less) and being participants in dorm rapes, but some of us find it interesting.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Doesn't KSU play on 810 currently? I know Kietsman is a big KSU supporter. ***I see that I missed the S in your link... very funny

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Doesn't KSU play on 810 currently? I know Kietsman is a big KSU supporter. ***I see that I missed the S in your link... very funny
I'm don't think they did, but not sure. 810 is know airing KU games, announced today. So if they did air KSU games, they won't be anymore, and it's 100% the right move. KSU is boring...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I believe the KC market has more Ku fans by a large number than Missouri or K-State, which would be third. So, the move of 810, which is owned by Ku people, is no surprise. I'd do the same given the options.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron