Nobody has brought up Uthoff until you.
giphy.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well lets see, this is a thread that is whining about Iowa fans being whiny.
Eh, not quite. It was a thread expressing amusement that our coach casually dropped #AHF in a tweet. It was then crashed by disgruntled hawkeyes, much like a couple of replies to the original tweet.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
#ANF was marketing genius in the 80s... timely, and grabbed a new fan base that lasts today. Impressive.

That said, if #AHF causes irritation .... those irritated ( and pea-cocking IS irritated), need to take a look inside, as they need help.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I think it's great the football team was out on a farm (former player's), actually doing work and helping the farmers, in addition to doing farm inspired drills. What has the Iowa football team ACTUALLY done to promote farming? Sorry, a helmet sticker, car decal, hat, and t-shirt don't do **** to actually help farmers.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I think it's great the football team was out on a farm (former player's), actually doing work and helping the farmers, in addition to doing farm inspired drills. What has the Iowa football team ACTUALLY done to promote farming? Sorry, a helmet sticker, car decal, hat, and t-shirt don't do **** to actually help farmers.
They should go work a farm in Idaho so they know where those baskets of french fries come from.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and cyfan21

im4cyru

Mar 30, 2014
It's more complex than that. Iowa fans want the ability to make fun of ISU for being an ag school, and simultaneously be the only people who are proud of farmers, ag technology or farming heritage.

We're about 8 weeks from dozens and dozens of jokes ridiculing farmers and agriculture exclusively coming from Hawkeye fans toward ISU. Most of these people grew up in Iowa and are still somehow idiotic and cold hearted enough to think it's cool to mock farmers.
They got a taste of it when the Stanford band mocked them and the Ag Industry during their halftime Rose Bowl performance. As I recall they didn't like it very much. Had the hox not embarrassed themselves so badly on the field that first half they could have told Stanford to stick it!