CAMPBELL: Complete uniform/image overhaul coming

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This thread is all speculation, there isn't any concrete evidence in regards to uniforms this season or the next.

“We definitely will. Whether it comes this year in totality I don’t know, but I can tell you, I think our entire image will change here shortly. That’s something we’re really big on,” Campbell said. “You have to work through Nike and you’ve got to work through some other areas to be respectful of their contracts, but I think what you’ll see is our image and our brand continue to grow in a multitude of different ways and I think there will definitely be some things that will appear this year and I think in the years following you’ll see a big change in us."

Take this direct quote how you want to.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
“We definitely will. Whether it comes this year in totality I don’t know, but I can tell you, I think our entire image will change here shortly. That’s something we’re really big on,” Campbell said. “You have to work through Nike and you’ve got to work through some other areas to be respectful of their contracts, but I think what you’ll see is our image and our brand continue to grow in a multitude of different ways and I think there will definitely be some things that will appear this year and I think in the years following you’ll see a big change in us."

Take this direct quote how you want to.
Yes, but this thread is all speculation on what those changes will look like. I guess I could have worded my previous reply better.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm not into uniform speculation, so, other than the OP, is there anything in this thread of real ISU uniforms?

If it's all speculation and fan renderings, I'm good with that, I just don't care to sort through 40 pages of speculation if there isn't any concrete evidence of what ISU/Campbell are really planning to do.

This thread is all speculation, there isn't any concrete evidence in regards to uniforms this season or the next.
Threads not for you. Move along.
Yup, it's all speculation. We are the 'speculators', haha. Just having fun, ideas, passing the time until football starts. We will all have to wait until August or Sept. to see some of the changes for this year. I'm guessing for this year, some minor tweaks, hopefully a new gold helmet, fingers crossed, etc. Next year will likely be the unveiling of a re-design. We will likely get more hints from the social media, as football season approaches.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All speculation, yes. And besides, maybe this is good for CF.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I know that when this Thread started, however many pages ago, I was determined not to get involved again. But I kind of like doing it. But this coaching staff, at least right now, inspires, and gives hope for better things to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Threads not for you. Move along.
dc3ffaa5859c985aa8b2a94d7fdaadf0.gif

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
They say even a blind squirrel will find a nut, once in a while. I think I just found my 'nut'! Out of all my ideas, I think this one is pretty good, maybe the best. I present to you our new pant stripes! I got this idea from @cyclones500. Nice looking stripe by itself, but also looks like a twister/Cyclone! Cy Uniforms 2017  f2a - y r y  I-St  darker hel More lat sh stripe Upd num Wh let New pant str.jpg

CloneConer

Apr 15, 2016
Did I just see t-noah say he didn't want to be involved?...Lol quite the turn around.

The only reason it is still alive is because every time it isn't a top thread you post a "New concept" to bring it alive again.

I don't mean to hate, cause I love the enthusiasm, but at this point it's almost a conversation with yourself. I mean you did just post three times in a row.

To offer some constructive criticism to your concepts. The 2D layout, while very easy to change and edit, doesn't give a realistic version of the end product that most people need to fully grasp and connect with. It looks more like something you would send to a manufacturer. What makes concepts fun is imaging how they would actually look. I understand that they take a long time to do, but 30 concepts that are hard to imagine isn't necessarily better than 1 or 2 concepts that people can understand.

Another thing that makes concepts fun is when they are different and new. Try doing concepts that step outside of your comfort zone. At this point, every single one of your posts blurs together into one big "t-noah blob". Too many of the exact same concept that nobody sees the difference between except you.

One last note, remember that you are just a dude creating something fun. Don't talk about concepts in a way that treats them as the definitive new look that everyone agrees on. You found your "nut"? Seems more like you have found another idea that isn't the real new design. You will post twenty more soon, anyway.

Keep up the hard work!

Sincerely,
Any person who follows this thread hoping for cool stuff

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
To offer some constructive criticism to your concepts. The 2D layout, while very easy to change and edit, doesn't give a realistic version of the end product that most people need to fully grasp and connect with. It looks more like something you would send to a manufacturer. What makes concepts fun is imaging how they would actually look. I understand that they take a long time to do, but 30 concepts that are hard to imagine isn't necessarily better than 1 or 2 concepts that people can understand.

Another thing that makes concepts fun is when they are different and new. Try doing concepts that step outside of your comfort zone. At this point, every single one of your posts blurs together into one big "t-noah blob". Too many of the exact same concept that nobody sees the difference between except you.

One last note, remember that you are just a dude creating something fun. Don't talk about concepts in a way that treats them as the definitive new look that everyone agrees on. You found your "nut"? Seems more like you have found another idea that isn't the real new design. You will post twenty more soon, anyway.

Keep up the hard work!

Sincerely,
OK, I get it, my enthusiasm doesn't t click w you and most of you, That' s cool. I am not disagreeing w/ you. And yeah, I'll try to keep up the hard work.

Go Cyclones.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Still looks like Mr. Bucky, whom we all love so much! View attachment 48596 View attachment 48601 But good attempt, getting closer to the beloved (by some of us, YMMV)' Walking Cy'. View attachment 48597 View attachment 48598 View attachment 48599 View attachment 48600
I've heard present coaching staff doesn't understand the whole 'Bird' thing, history behind it, etc. So going to something else entirely might be in order, I don't know.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It's a blend of the of the old school angry Cy that so many love and the whirlybird Cy that the rest of us also love, and it makes one fantastic logo - much better than any of the Cy logs currently used.

• Informative
Reactions: njcyclone

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Did I just see t-noah say he didn't want to be involved?...Lol quite the turn around.

The only reason it is still alive is because every time it isn't a top thread you post a "New concept" to bring it alive again.

I don't mean to hate, cause I love the enthusiasm, but at this point it's almost a conversation with yourself. I mean you did just post three times in a row.

Keep up the hard work!

Sincerely,

Best post in this 43 page thread.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
OK, I get it, my enthusiasm doesn't t click w you and most of you, That' s cool. I am not disagreeing w/ you. And yeah, I'll try to keep up the hard work.

Go Cyclones.
I will donate to a gofundme to buy you new software and pay for classes to make your concepts at least recognizable from the other 300 you've posted. I'm not kidding

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
**** "real" gold. That **** stained, hard-to-match, overrated color can blow me. If you hate McDonalds, that's fine. McDonalds wouldn't want you anyways because you're a ****. Mustard is the ****. Jack Trice wore "yellow." Earl Bruce's squads wore "yellow." Hoiberg & Johnny were all up in that "yellow" ****. That's all I need to know. Own it.

And they were ugly then too.

It's hideous.

• Friendly
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron