**2017 Cap City Thread**

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Jacobson highlights were extremely impressive! I also was a bit underwhelmed when he committed. Obviously that changed after I watched the highlights. He just may be the huge steal of the transfer market.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Doesn't sound like a guy we would want on our team then. Curious, tho, what was his (those you can repeat) criticisms of Donovan's game, if I may ask? Or due to where he's from, was it just more of an 'anti-iowastate' opportunity for him?
Called him soft, said he doesn't dribble with his head up, called him a ball hog, every time Donovan went up for a shot he acted as if Donovan was a horrible shooter and would miss. Mentioned that he's going to "miss almost every shot again just like last game." I think he was just critical of Donovan because he only passed it to his buddy a couple times.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

str8cashhomie

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 15, 2014
Called him soft, said he doesn't dribble with his head up, called him a ball hog, every time Donovan went up for a shot he acted as if Donovan was a horrible shooter and would miss. Mentioned that he's going to "miss almost every shot again just like last game." I think he was just critical of Donovan because he only passed it to his buddy a couple times.
Before his game, Wali said something to Donovan about "Man I thought you were a shooter, you miss 35 shots and I got 7/7 from 3 the other night" and the proceeded to airball his first 3 and then busted out laughing when he looked back at Jackson in the crowd. He checked out and said "I should probably stop that, huh." It's all good natured haha

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Before his game, Wali said something to Donovan about "Man I thought you were a shooter, you miss 35 shots and I got 7/7 from 3 the other night" and the proceeded to airball his first 3 and then busted out laughing when he looked back at Jackson in the crowd. He checked out and said "I should probably stop that, huh." It's all good natured haha

I think Donovan can handle a heckler. He seems like he could be a cold-blooded assassin. If anything, this will get him more ready to be the target of some top-grade Big 12 trash-talking next year, such as at West Virginia.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I think Donovan can handle a heckler. He seems like he could be a cold-blooded assassin. If anything, this will get him more ready to be the target of some top-grade Big 12 trash-talking next year, such as at West Virginia.
I think it motivated him. That and he had guy named Canada guarding him. For those who know the CCL well, Canada always guards ISU guards and he gets in their face all game and tries pushing them around.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The first game tonight could be very interesting to watch with Young & Lewis going up against Shayok & Lard. @Thompsonclone are you going to get the scoop if all those guys are playing?

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Solomon said that he and Lewis were both playing.

-Jackson on Sunday said he wasn't but haven't heard if he changed his mind.

-Beverly/Wigginton/Long are still out.

-Haven't heard on Lard/Shayok or Jacobson
If Lard and/or Shayok are playing I'm going to that game for sure

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Living in Ankeny, taking advantage of whoever is playing tonight. Looking forward to it!

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I didn't realize these were in Ankeny until a week or so ago and like a mile from my house. Kind of sucks it's during the draft tonight though. Hopefully I'll get to make the last one.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
All four Iowa State players present for game #1. Should be a good one. Lard and Shayok's team only has 3 guys here so the game start is delayed for a bit.

Reactions: isutrevman

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Lewis is silky smooth man. He so reminds me of a cross between JOk and Barry Stevens. Justhis shoulders and build do.

Watching the highlights of the CCL, he has an easiness to his game like Jeff Greyer. Excited to see him play the next four years.

Help Support Us

Become a patron