HBO's Silicon Valley

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I like how Richard couldn't even apologize to Jared for all that he had done. Pretty much said hey it worked out, get over it. Quickly coming to the realization of how much i despise Richard.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I like how Richard couldn't even apologize to Jared for all that he had done. Pretty much said hey it worked out, get over it. Quickly coming to the realization of how much i despise Richard.
I thought it was a very interesting point made when Jared compared Richard to Gavin Belson. While I don't think Richard will become Gavin, I do think there was some foreshadowing there.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I thought it was a very interesting point made when Jared compared Richard to Gavin Belson. While I don't think Richard will become Gavin, I do think there was some foreshadowing there.

Recall that in the first episode or one of the first episodes, erlich is telling Richard often to more of an a-hole. That it will be required to make it in the business. Richard has been trending in that direction. And he has done so unknowingly. If you asked him, I think he would say he hasn't changed. But those around him would disagree.

Interesting show. I love the humor and characters. The verbal discussions are so well written.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Recall that in the first episode or one of the first episodes, erlich is telling Richard often to more of an a-hole. That it will be required to make it in the business. Richard has been trending in that direction. And he has done so unknowingly. If you asked him, I think he would say he hasn't changed. But those around him would disagree.

Interesting show. I love the humor and characters. The verbal discussions are so well written.
I agree. I think It's a deeper show than people give it credit, and this season has really brought that out in some of their characters

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Alright happy to see where they went with Erlich, would imagine he'll be back on the show at somepoint. Now Im worried about Jared though, pretty funny they could have lost it all (might still) because of Poopfare lol. Im definitely interested how they will finish up the year, not much has gone right, a break has to come at some point though hopefully.

Sadly, TJ did an interview with (I think) GQ, and said he plans to never, ever come back to even guest. He wants to pull a Costanza.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Alright happy to see where they went with Erlich, would imagine he'll be back on the show at somepoint. Now Im worried about Jared though, pretty funny they could have lost it all (might still) because of Poopfare lol. Im definitely interested how they will finish up the year, not much has gone right, a break has to come at some point though hopefully.

I think the whole Tibet thing is a head fake by the show writers. Bachman's final exit from the show has to be more flamboyant than that. I expect Erlich to return in the season finale, probably somehow along for the ride as Gavin Belson returns to save Richard and Pied Piper and steal all the credit.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Interesting about TJ, kind of was hoping there would be a show or two he'd make an appearance on in the future but his character in general really didnt serve a purpose on the show so its not a big loss. Do look forward to how the other characters screen time grows, definitely want more Jared.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I would watch a spinoff where Dinesh and Gilfoyle live together while trying to work a 9-5 and deal with human beings.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think the whole Tibet thing is a head fake by the show writers. Bachman's final exit from the show has to be more flamboyant than that. I expect Erlich to return in the season finale, probably somehow along for the ride as Gavin Belson returns to save Richard and Pied Piper and steal all the credit.

Or Gavin returns as a good guy based on the recent talk about how he was a good guy with ideals before he became what he is. Or course the whole Tibet thing didn't seem to help Christian Bales' Batman that much. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I'm stunned nobody else has commented on the suicide bomber scene!! F'ng epic!!!

The best scene of this episode (watch Jared's face when he hears it):

Richard : "I am going to put this in your backpack".

Dinesh : "Ohh noooo"

Richard : "That's fine"

Dinesh : "No.. I don't want to, I don't want to.."

Richard Interupts " You are going to hold this kill switch and then you are going to walk into the most densely populated area you can find.. alright.. then if you see the security coming, remember - you press this switch..and 'poof' you are gone.. yea??"

The lamb sacrifice suicidal music playing in the background

Dinesh : "I will get as many ************* as I can.."

Richard : "You will be rewarded in the end".

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm stunned nobody else has commented on the suicide bomber scene!! F'ng epic!!!

Richard Interupts " You are going to hold this kill switch and then you are going to walk into the most densely populated area you can find.. alright.. then if you see the security coming, remember - you press this switch..and 'poof' you are gone.. yea??"

That was worth another look! Jared's take was awesome!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

This is exactly why this show is so good. The way they wrote that scene was pure comic genius.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Or Gavin returns as a good guy based on the recent talk about how he was a good guy with ideals before he became what he is. Or course the whole Tibet thing didn't seem to help Christian Bales' Batman that much. :rolleyes:

As cynical as this show is, I doubt it. I could see Gavin coming back and propping himself up as the good guy only to **** Richard and Pied Piper over in the end.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
As cynical as this show is, I doubt it. I could see Gavin coming back and propping himself up as the good guy only to **** Richard and Pied Piper over in the end.

Probably but Gavin might actually be the good guy before reverting. He's kind of a ****** up dude after all. I can see him going from Paul to Saul to Paul and back to Saul again. :confused:

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL

I totally missed the undertones of that scene. This is awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City

This wasn't just the best scene of this episode, pretty sure it was the second funniest scene of the whole show, middle-out being the funniest. I literally had to pause I was laughing so hard.

Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
This wasn't just the best scene of this episode, pretty sure it was the second funniest scene of the whole show, middle-out being the funniest. I literally had to pause I was laughing so hard.
I'm right there with you, once I realized what was happening and then that music started in the background I was dyinggg.
then Dinesh says "I will get as many ************* as I can.."
and jared just blinks sadly and puts his headphones back over his ears.

such a well written scene

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron