HBO's Silicon Valley

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Not sure what happened that episode to further the story line but crazy how messed up the legal system is for things like that to happen. I'm sure it happens a great amount of time as well.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The only thing that is funny with Erlich anymore is him swearing at Jin-Yang. Most of the time i am just uncomfortable when he is on screen.

I think if last night showed anything it's that Gilfoyle is going to take over the role of messing with Jin-Yang. And, as as a character, Gilfoyle is a lot more capable of mind****ing Jin-Yang than Erlich ever was. I mean, come on. The guy spent 12 hours reprogramming a smart refridgerator just to **** with Jin-Yang. I find that a hell of a lot funnier than Erlich just yelling at him all the time.

Reactions: Dandy

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I think if last night showed anything it's that Gilfoyle is going to take over the role of messing with Jin-Yang. And, as as a character, Gilfoyle is a lot more capable of mind****ing Jin-Yang than Erlich ever was. I mean, come on. The guy spent 12 hours reprogramming a smart refridgerator just to **** with Jin-Yang. I find that a hell of a lot funnier than Erlich just yelling at him all the time.

Agreed, that was excellent last night.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Not sure what happened that episode to further the story line but crazy how messed up the legal system is for things like that to happen. I'm sure it happens a great amount of time as well.

In technology this happens all the time. There are so many BS patents that are so vague they could mean anything.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Geesh Erlich took a tumble there, hope he doesnt end with offing himself. Was going through all of the scenarios if the deal went through and then poof it was gone, pretty interesting episode, light on the laughs but pushing along the story line.

Reactions: Angie

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Geesh Erlich took a tumble there, hope he doesnt end with offing himself. Was going through all of the scenarios if the deal went through and then poof it was gone, pretty interesting episode, light on the laughs but pushing along the story line.

Yes, light on the laughs, but hoolicon should be fun. I really thought Keenan was going to take over the role of Russ but I guess they went another way.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and mb7299

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Yeah, it was a very real episode I felt. I really hope they don't make Erlich kill himself, it just wouldn't do his character justice and would feel cheap.

This season I have really enjoyed how basically everything that Richard has wanted to happen, has happened, and even with him getting some breaks and/or what he asked for, Pied Piper still isn't breaking away as an amazing company. Which I think is the point. I am very curious if they can pull off their stunt at HooliCON next week, as all it would really accomplish is them getting back to square one, getting an offer from Bream Hall. Unless they somehow pull of a Weismann Score-type surprise.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Just like on the show, their video compression blows. :)

To make the video buffer (or does the actual video have the pauses in it?) is pretty awesome.

Also, at the same time they are talking about cutting edge tech they show some code that's using old versions of Angular and JQuery.

Last edited:

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Alright happy to see where they went with Erlich, would imagine he'll be back on the show at somepoint. Now Im worried about Jared though, pretty funny they could have lost it all (might still) because of Poopfare lol. Im definitely interested how they will finish up the year, not much has gone right, a break has to come at some point though hopefully.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Alright happy to see where they went with Erlich, would imagine he'll be back on the show at somepoint. Now Im worried about Jared though, pretty funny they could have lost it all (might still) because of Poopfare lol. Im definitely interested how they will finish up the year, not much has gone right, a break has to come at some point though hopefully.

I thought for a moment that Jared was gonna go all spider monkey on Richard when they got called into Hooli security. Kinda disappointed in a way. :(

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299