HBO's Silicon Valley

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yes, there will be a Season 6. There is also discussion of a Season 7.

Not sure how much further the story can go, but I would watch anything with Gilfoyle, Dinesh and Jared. Occasional Big Head and Jian Yang is great also.

Would like to see them really hit it huge.

I would have been satisfied if the series ended here. I mean, after five years and all the starts-stops, they finally succeeded - and essentially slayed Hooli and their Chinese competition to boot. Where do they go from here?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I would have been satisfied if the series ended here. I mean, after five years and all the starts-stops, they finally succeeded - and essentially slayed Hooli and their Chinese competition to boot. Where do they go from here?

I thought they kind of alluded to some possible storylines at the very end when they were talking about hiring legal staff to deal with the government and the NSA calling about the tech.
The writers could keep going down the "ripped from the headlines" strategy and have some kind of user data breach happen on the new internet. Richard having to go to DC for a congressional hearing would be pretty entertaining.

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This show lost its fastball a while ago but it's still pretty good, and it's wrapping up with the series finale on Sunday. The Russ Fest episode last week did not disappoint, and it sets up a number of ways the the show can end things.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordyo5 and Doc

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
This show lost its fastball a while ago but it's still pretty good, and it's wrapping up with the series finale on Sunday. The Russ Fest episode last week did not disappoint, and it sets up a number of ways the the show can end things.

I don't think it has lost anything. I have absolutely loved this season. But I work in tech for one of the companies that it continuously ridiculed by Silicon Valley. It is awesome.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Wait... there's a new season going on now that wraps up on Sunday??? I haven't even seen HBO tease this season.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't think it has lost anything. I have absolutely loved this season. But I work in tech for one of the companies that it continuously ridiculed by Silicon Valley. It is awesome.

I think it's still good. But six seasons is plenty long enough, too. It's probably by design but the show and Pied Piper has always been two steps forward/one step back. Time to wrap it up, for better or worse.

• Agree
Reactions: Gordyo5

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, poop. Dropped HBO after GoT ended and watched the Silicon Valley season over the free weekend and now ending up an episode short. :(

Kinda liked the return of Russ. His pitch of Russ Fest was a gas as was his blackmailing backstory.

I always feel sympathy for Monica, the almost normal misfit, caught up in the maelstrom of ********, geeks, freaks, cutthroats and odd ducks.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Well, poop. Dropped HBO after GoT ended and watched the Silicon Valley season over the free weekend and now ending up an episode short. :(

Kinda liked the return of Russ. His pitch of Russ Fest was a gas as was his blackmailing backstory.

I always feel sympathy for Monica, the almost normal misfit, caught up in the maelstrom of ********, geeks, freaks, cutthroats and odd ducks.

I thought maybe the best under-the-radar gag in the Russ Fest ep was that her and Jian Yang both have Richard saved as Bitchard in their phones. Made me laugh.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
The series finale didn’t disappoint. I thought it was a fine way to finish it. That’s one my favorite shows ever. Great characters and writing.

The last two seasons weren’t quite as good but still going to miss it. I think it had just kind of run it’s course but no Erlich definitely hurt a little too.

Reactions: RonBurgundy

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
The series finale didn’t disappoint. I thought it was a fine way to finish it. That’s one my favorite shows ever. Great characters and writing.

The last two seasons weren’t quite as good but still going to miss it. I think it had just kind of run it’s course but no Erlich definitely hurt a little too.

The show had run its course. I feel Erlich ran his course much earlier and didn't hurt the show once he left. Also feel they wrapped it up about as well as you can a show like that. Overall I will miss it, but if it had continued I don't know how you keep it going. It was increasingly difficult to keep the 5 key people together.

As an aside, happy Monica didn't end up marrying Richard or something like that. There had been slight romantic hints in past years. Glad that all went away.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Bitchard
maxresdefault.jpg

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
My main problem with the finale is that killing pipernet wouldn't really have stopped anything. Advances are inevitable and someone would have realized the same pairing of their compression and ai would do the same thing.

It would have been interesting had the build launched instead. They were basically launching the tech singularity and **** will get absolutely nuts whenever that happens.