Lil Ferentz takes digs at ISU

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
So why did you say you weren't surprised that Fleck was my #2 coach I wanted behind Campbell like I was some idiot if you think Fleck is a better coach?

Link to you stating this prior to the CMC hire?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Gonna see lots of decommits from Minnesota. The word is on visits they are very hard sell guys and don't want/let kids leave without committing. Lots of guys were saying when Shannon committed to Minny, that even then it wasn't over for his recruitment.

Reactions: YeahBuddy

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
To the Hawkeye fans out there who do you think is a better coach...Fleck or Campbell?
Not a hawk but Fleck was my #1 pick going into our coaching search. Best recruiter in the MAC, including CMC and took over a worse program and did more with it. Looking at results and results only with no favoritism, there is no real argument that Fleck isn't better...for now. I am and was very thrilled with the CMC hire though. He's exceeded my expectations in recruiting.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that Fleck IS a better recruiter. He proved that in the MAC and he's proving it at MN. That said, he is kind of odd and I'm guessing a bigger flight risk. I'm perfectly happy with the choice of Campbell.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

He very well could be, we just don't know enough yet IMO. As some have said, Fleck is definitely more on the fringe and does some crazier things. CMC is more mainstream approach. We'll have to wait and see who does better.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Not a hawk but Fleck was my #1 pick going into our coaching search. Best recruiter in the MAC, including CMC and took over a worse program and did more with it. Looking at results and results only with no favoritism, there is no real argument that Fleck isn't better...for now. I am and was very thrilled with the CMC hire though. He's exceeded my expectations in recruiting.

I think that Fleck IS a better recruiter. He proved that in the MAC and he's proving it at MN. That said, he is kind of odd and I'm guessing a bigger flight risk. I'm perfectly happy with the choice of Campbell.

Your opinion does not make it right. CMC had the better recruiting classes, Fleck had the better coach effect which means he was a better coach. @cfbmatrix on twitter does a great job of analysis on this type of stuff. CMC had a negative coach effect at Toledo. What does that mean? He brought in lots of great recruits compared to the MAC, he did not win like he should have with those recruits.

• Informative
Reactions: The_Gent

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Your opinion does not make it right. CMC had the better recruiting classes, Fleck had the better coach effect which means he was a better coach. @cfbmatrix on twitter does a great job of analysis on this type of stuff. CMC had a negative coach effect at Toledo. What does that mean? He brought in lots of great recruits compared to the MAC, he did not win like he should have with those recruits.

Link?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive

This was the coach effect for beginning of 2015. Why did i choose that? Because that was the last time Fleck and CMC were G5 coaches together and it's apples to apples. Fleck had an annual average coach effect of -1 while CmC had -1.5. This means they lost games to team with 'lesser' recruits more than they beat teams with better recruits.

http://cfbmatrix.com/group-5-coach-effect/

• Informative
Reactions: The_Gent

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
CMC is a great fit for Iowa State. Entering year two, I am really impressed by him and his staff. I think great things will happen.

Fleck is a good coach, but I'm not sure he is a good fit for ISU. I think all his BS would get old.

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
CMC is a great fit for Iowa State. Entering year two, I am really impressed by him and his staff. I think great things will happen.

Fleck is a good coach, but I'm not sure he is a good fit for ISU. I think all his BS would get old.
I agree 100%

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN