Lil Ferentz takes digs at ISU

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Every single fanbase in the country would be all in if he was their coach. And pretty much every fanbase where he's not coaching would find him annoying and self-promoting.

I just couldn't stomach having a coach who dresses like my 16-year-old daughter...

jmp-025-gophers-football-practice.jpg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Every single fanbase in the country would be all in if he was their coach. And pretty much every fanbase where he's not coaching would find him annoying and self-promoting.

One could say that sounds an awful lot like the coach who established a winning culture at Iowa in the 1980's...Iowa fans don't seem to mind talking about him.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I just couldn't stomach having a coach who dresses like my 16-year-old daughter...

Thing is, you wouldn't have a choice. No one stops rooting for their team just because the coach is an a-hole or a buffoon. If he was recruiting for iowa or ISU like he is for Minny, AND he won, you'd be on board and so would I. But, if things started going bad, he'd be an easy guy to turn on.

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Kind of like an only slightly overweight kid bragging about winning the 50 against a bunch of really, really fat kids. Again, congrats. And good for you for having such conference pride and watching bowl games since... well, you know.

Eh...I live in B1G country and their fans were calling the Iowa and MSU games from 2015 just 'bad performances' like either were capable of doing much against Stanford or 'Bama.

I don't disagree that the Big 12 hasn't been very good or at least has been overrated overall for several seasons. There's a trend of making it out to be more from this ISU fanbase to justify ISU not winning much...if they were decent and there were consistencies they could at least pull off a .500 record.

The hope is CMC getting that turned around a bit and there were good signs last season but he may have also had a wake up call on his own when the ISUisms (fumbles, etc.) showed up in crucial moments. I'm at least excited about what's to come and I don't think I have been since maybe September 2012 when it was clear that nothing had really been established for a team capable of winning 8 games.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

?????... I guess I don't see what's wrong with how he's dressed? He looks like very fit, athletic guy who is wearing running shoes, running pants, and a dry fit long sleeve running shirt. What's wrong about that? Talk about being judgmental... geeez.

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
?????... I guess I don't see what's wrong with how he's dressed? He looks like very fit, athletic guy who is wearing running shoes, running pants, and a dry fit long sleeve running shirt. What's wrong about that? Talk about being judgmental... geeez.

I forgot some of you are weirdly fascinated with hotness/dreaminess of your players/coaches. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I forgot some of you are weirdly fascinated with hotness/dreaminess of your players/coaches. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

What are you even talking about? You're the one that brought up how he was dressed, but I'm the one fascinated by how coaches dress? Plus, there's nothing even strange about how he's dressed as far as I'm concerned, but you saw differently like you're some fashion expert or something?

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

To me he looks kind of like Chizik, and I wouldn't be shocked if he treats Minnesota any different than Chiz treated ISU.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
To me he looks kind of like Chizik, and I wouldn't be shocked if he treats Minnesota any different than Chiz treated ISU.

You guys sure sound like you're afraid of him? Just because Junior Ferentz is scared of him (and Campbell), doesn't mean you guys need to be afraid of him.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What are you even talking about? You're the one that brought up how he was dressed, but I'm the one fascinated by how coaches dress? Plus, there's nothing even strange about how he's dressed as far as I'm concerned, but you saw differently like you're some fashion expert or something?

I just said that looks like an outfit my teen daughter wears and you're getting all bent out of shape. Weird.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You guys sure sound like you're afraid of him? Just because Junior Ferentz is scared of him (and Campbell), doesn't mean you guys need to be afraid of him.

Wut? I just said he looks like Chizik, and him jumping ship quickly to go to a Power 5 school would tell me he'd do the same from Minny to a national brand, like what Chiz did at ISU.

As an ISU fan I guess I could be concerned with his proximity if he starts to do well at Minny, but CMC's recruited in Ohio...he can figure something out.