Friday OT #2 - Take This Restaurant and Shove It!

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I haven't had Qdoba in years but I prefer Chipotle to Pancheros, but I also don't really know anything about Chipotle's ads that people seem to not like.

If you work in Agriculture, then you know what's spread about their ad campaigns. I don't feel the need to elaborate, as I despise their CEO. But, I took it personally and I won't step foot in that place.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Gonna throw another one out there.

Pizza Ranch.

I guess if you hadn't eaten in a day or so it would be great, but my experience is nothing there tastes much like anything. Bland ordinary food, but all you want of it.
I find this post offensive

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thanks for clarifying. I was worried that I wasn't supposed to enjoy my libations anymore.
I hate those things. FIll in the blank here, fill in the blank there, to create a funny paragraph?
To make a pizza you take a lump of poop (noun) and make a thin, round ****** (adjective) turd (noun).

Reactions: jcyclonee

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Our son couldn't wait to take us to In and Out Burger in Arizona. Bad.
giphy.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah I couldnt care less. To me, a boycott doesnt send their owners a message. It just robs me of getting my grub on.

I guess personally whether I agree or not, I don't mind people being 100% transparent about their beliefs.

Reactions: bos

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Politics aside..Chick-Fil-A has some of the best customer service I've ever seen.

Honestly, their service might be too good sometimes. I swear, half the time theyre so fast i'm still trying to get my credit card back in my wallet when theyre already ready to hand the food out the window.

They'll also just give away free stuff, apologizing for the wait, when you've been there a fraction of the time you'll be waiting at most other fast food.

As far as their politics go... i'm not a fan of their ownership's politics, but lets be honest, just about everyone who doesnt go there because of that probably shops somewhere else where the ownership has the same views, just maybe less vocally.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have been to In and Out a few times. I don't understand the hype..... very average to me.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Ankeny DQ- has anyone ever seen a slower restaurant? I've gone here a few times when i've had an ice cream craving since i moved up here last year, and not once has the line been less than a 30 minute experience (often longer), moving extremely slowly.

The yelp reviews are pretty scathing https://www.yelp.com/biz/dairy-queen-brazier-ankeny

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ankeny DQ- has anyone ever seen a slower restaurant? I've gone here a few times when i've had an ice cream craving since i moved up here last year, and not once has the line been less than a 30 minute experience (often longer), moving extremely slowly.

The yelp reviews are pretty scathing https://www.yelp.com/biz/dairy-queen-brazier-ankeny

We went there a couple weeks ago and they were swamped. However while they were a bit slow, I saw everyone one of their employees working their butts off. I can at least live with that.

It's the slow restaurants that you see people standing around that infuriate me.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Politics aside..Chick-Fil-A has some of the best customer service I've ever seen.
I think one of the reasons they have such good customer service is because they seem to always have way more staff on-hand than your typical fast food joint. They do at the one I frequent, anyway. It always amazes me how many people are working there at a given time.

My only complaint with their customer service is that sometimes they're a little too in your face nice, ya know? To the point where I get a bit of a creepy religious cult vibe. Maybe it's just me...

Help Support Us

Become a patron