RECRUITING: Michael Jacobson has committed

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll take a guy that started 31 games at Nebby compared to a guy that will play at FGCU.

I would agree with that. Although Ernst might be going to FGCU for other reasons you know. This is part of their campus....

Water-Games-photo.jpg

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
Having played against the kid in HS, he was one of the best scorers in the state. Skilled offensive game (he was almost closer to a SF then PF) so will be interesting to see how Prohm uses him. Watching Nebby play, seems like Nebraska doesn't give their big guys much freedom, mostly just screens and boards.

And for the posters on here who always want hogue-ish tough guys, he's totally an instigator and one of those guys that you hate his rotten guts if he's on the other team but love if he's playing for you.

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Personally, I think this is a great score. Great to have a proven kid from Iowa. His family must be pumped and from the videos, Michael has a great attitude. Now on to score a couple of transfers for this year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I completely agree with you, however (yes I'm going to go there), didn't we have that already with Ernst?

No, Ernst is a one trick pony, he can dunk, that's it. This entire myth about Ernst came about from a CW article where he was told Ernst was the next Jared Homan, he wasn't even this kind of player at the juco level. He sat under the basket and waited for the ball the come to him, he's not even in Jacobsen's category, there is a reason he's at Florida Gulf Coast and no longer in Ames...heck Xavier even realiized Ernst wasn't a p5 player.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Wasn't there also rumors about Ernst not being a great teammate? Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I thought it was said on here before.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Umm not at all. Just because everyone isnt jumping up and down to get a kid we didnt even offer a couple years ago isnt being an asterisk mark.
Hope the kid contributes something relevant to the program.

Literally no one is calling him the next Kareem, but you have be the smartest guy on the board and preemptively **** on the kid, his commitment, and anyone who might be excited about him.
That is the definition of being a ******* *******.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron