The Iowa game is not that important

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
...in the grand scheme of life.

The date Saturday brings back memories of 9 years ago this week, when this game was delayed until the end of the season due to the events of 9/11. While I was kind of upset at the time that I didn't have the game to take my mind off of those events, in hindsight, it was absolutely the right call.

Anyway, that just put things into a bit of a sober perspective for me.

Go Cyclones

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Not that we shouldn't be reminded.... but that's a definite downer. :wink:

Ironically enough, as both teams were fighting for bowl position, and as the game was moved to the final week of the season due to 9/11 ... that was quite possibly the most heated and truely important game in the series.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Ironically enough, as both teams were fighting for bowl position, and as the game was moved to the final week of the season due to 9/11 ... that was quite possibly the most heated and truely important game in the series.

Sorry......I was getting nervous about the game, and that thought brought me back to reality again. Still can't wait for the game, and I'll be on the edge of my seat until the final whistle.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006

Yet, we win the game, and get a worse bowl game because of conference bowl alignments.