Chris Paul commercial (Playoffs)

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
How ridiculous is that. He throws up some sloppy shot that goes in, then talks trash to the Spurs -while the camera zooms in on a fallen Tony Parker. Last I checked Chris Paul had won exactly ZERO titles or been to the finals. Meanwhile Tony Parker has won 3, and been a main reason they won the last 2.

Ridiculous, respect the teams, not the individual.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
How ridiculous is that. He throws up some sloppy shot that goes in, then talks trash to the Spurs -while the camera zooms in on a fallen Tony Parker. Last I checked Chris Paul had won exactly ZERO titles or been to the finals. Meanwhile Tony Parker has won 3, and been a main reason they won the last 2.

Chris Paul is way better than Tony Parker. If Chris Paul had a Tim Duncan he would be winning championships too...

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Ouch, wrong. I hate Tony Parker, but if Chris Paul is WAY better, let's have him score more than ONE point more and 3 assists more how bout? If they switch spots Tony scores 30 a game easily, like he did earlier this year until Ginobli got healthy.

Paul has the ball for 20 seconds per possession, the Spurs run through Duncan, then Parker, with Ginobli for good measure. Not comparing apples to apples. They are different players who are both outstanding.

Paul is certainly not WAY better, don't fall for the ESPN hype young man, too many do. You're helping prove my point that this commercial is assinine :)

(on second viewing Paul isn't talking trash at all, he was talking to a teammate -thanks black and white switch). But to trash Tony Parker in a commercial like that is Stoopid.

Chris Paul is way better than Tony Parker. If Chris Paul had a Tim Duncan he would be winning championships too...

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Ouch, wrong. I hate Tony Parker, but if Chris Paul is WAY better, let's have him score more than ONE point more and 3 assists more how bout? If they switch spots Tony scores 30 a game easily, like he did earlier this year until Ginobli got healthy.

Paul has the ball for 20 seconds per possession, the Spurs run through Duncan, then Parker, with Ginobli for good measure. Not comparing apples to apples. They are different players who are both outstanding.

Paul is certainly not WAY better, don't fall for the ESPN hype young man, too many do. You're helping prove my point that this commercial is assinine :)

(on second viewing Paul isn't talking trash at all, he was talking to a teammate -thanks black and white switch). But to trash Tony Parker in a commercial like that is Stoopid.

It's not all about points. Considering Parker plays with Duncan and Ginobli he only averages 6.8 assist a game. Paul averages 10.9 assist. When comparing PG to PG. Look at Assist to Turnover ratio. Chris Paul's is much better.

Also look at rebounds per game and steals per game, Paul ranks higher in both of those areas as well.

Don't watch ESPN's NBA coverage, so I'm not basing my opinion off that, young man.

Reactions: cycopath25

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
Not a fan of the commercial, but you're insane if you think there's one GM or coach in the league that would take Parker over CP.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008

Let me go ahead and point out the odd contradiction in your post.

Oh, I should also point out....Parker can't hold a candle to Paul as a PG:biggrin:

Help Support Us

Become a patron