KXNO Sports Fanatics

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
The GOAT stuff is so ******* stupid. No one ever agreed on the GOAT in any sport. It’s subjective. People enjoy debating it. Is it legit to think Clark is the GOAT? Of course. Is it legit to think someone else is? You’re damn right.

We debate the GOAT of Iowa state basketball for god’s sake. Of course not everyone in the whole damn world will think Clark is the GOAT of all of women’s basketball.

Jesus.
I think Jesus thinks Wanda Ford is the GOAT.

Reactions: thunderdave

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He freely admits he’s a hok. Type of guy I hated while at ISU. Hopefully he wore his hok garb and got his ass kicked regularly.

It blows my mind this can happen in basketball. (as someone who grew up an Iowa fan and whose family still is)

We're talking a full quarter century now where ISU is just clearly on a different level, how can you not just be a fan of the college you went to? Maybe if someone is from Iowa City and moved back, otherwise it's just pure insanity.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I won't pretend to be able to say who the GOAT is when it comes to wbb because I don't pay anywhere near enough attention to wbb to make that determination.

All the media people didn't pay attention 5+ years ago but they'll confidently tell you that CC is the GOAT.

This is where I'm at too. I watched ISU wbb some as a student 20+ years ago then watched more and more the past three years, in part because it's getting easier to follow with ESPN+, Varsity App etc.

I have closely watched the NBA for 35 years and studied some of the historical players from before that. It's the only sport I think I'd even be sure of myself making a claim of who is the greatest. Even college mens basketball I don't know enough to claim who the greatest is, because I tend to lock in on just my team and ignore the rest of it.

It gets tricky trying to measure individual stats, winning, competition level and support from players/coaches on the team. I see a lot of Gen Z NBA fans who have built up this myth that Jordan only played on loaded All-Star teams that would have dominated without him. With one or two exceptions MJ's teammates became famous the same way Gabby Marshall is really famous right now.

Reactions: rosshm16

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I’ve only heard Siepker say he was a Hawk as a kid. He seems invested in both, and was mad after the ISU/Illinois game.
Siepker did the big Nile Kinnick movie, which is totally fine, and has been making money off Hawk fans. I think he practices the age old mantra of not sh!thing where he eats.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29 and Al_4_State

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Siepker did the big Nile Kinnick movie, which is totally fine, and has been making money off Hawk fans. I think he practices the age old mantra of not sh!thing where he eats.

I think he grew up a Hawk fan and went to Iowa State. Much like Heather, I think he prefers Iowa, but can sort of claim to be an Iowa State fan.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think he grew up a Hawk fan and went to Iowa State. Much like Heather, I think he prefers Iowa, but can sort of claim to be an Iowa State fan.
Pretty sure they both root for Iowa in the Cy-Hawk in every sport always. He absolutely slaughtered Hilton Madness.

Reactions: jsb

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

He was also working on a Jack Trice movie, but I think funding fell through.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Pretty sure they both root for Iowa in the Cy-Hawk in every sport always. He absolutely slaughtered Hilton Madness.
I'm pretty sure they both cheer for ISU in that game. I've specifically heard Heather talk about "cheering where her money went," and thats to ISU.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I'm pretty sure they both cheer for ISU in that game. I've specifically heard Heather talk about "cheering where her money went," and thats to ISU.
Heather absolutely cheers for Iowa State first. She's more than open about that.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
So many insecure people looking and digging for any sort of slight against their team in this thread. Even if that perceived slight is not true.

• Agree
Reactions: BigTurk

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So many insecure people looking and digging for any sort of slight against their team in this thread. Even if that perceived slight is not true.

I do feel like people are over sensitive to the whole coverage thing but I will say this... I've been an avid KXNO listener for a long time and certain shows didn't give Iowa State the coverage the program deserved this past basketball season. It was all about Clark and since Iowa hoops was terrible they chose to gloss over Iowa State as well. I don't care which way to cut it, it's poor coverage and they either need to improve or they will end up on the Iheart chopping block again.

Help Support Us

Become a patron