Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
H
Recreational THC is not without its drawbacks to society.
Ha..nope. On my way to speak to a chemical engineer and physics professor I'm working with on a mechanical flywheel system I'm patenting. Can you tell me the equation to a cubic inch of air and the bouyant lift it provides as it's extended from the axis of a wheel. How much weight it takes to overcome water pressure using a lever to compress gas in a liquid state? Doubt it. Enjoy your day

• Dumb
Reactions: michaelrr1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
which one of you took it in the grundle?
200w.gif

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
This wasn't me but the gf. She is a vet tech. I am not making this up.

A few weeks ago, a super nice older lady came in with her puppy for just regular puppy checks, shots, etc. Happy jumpy friendly little guy. As they are talking, lady says "oh yes he is just so wonderful and friendly! And he has the cutest little outie belly button and just loves it when I give him kisses on it!"

It was a male puppy. It was not his cute belly button.

She and another gal had to leave the room, somewhere between mortified and overcome with laughter. They were like "how are we gonna tell this sweet old lady she's been fellating her puppy? and WHO is gonna do it?" They got a few others involved, and decided to make the vet deliver the news.
I need an old lady.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
This wasn't me but the gf. She is a vet tech. I am not making this up.

A few weeks ago, a super nice older lady came in with her puppy for just regular puppy checks, shots, etc. Happy jumpy friendly little guy. As they are talking, lady says "oh yes he is just so wonderful and friendly! And he has the cutest little outie belly button and just loves it when I give him kisses on it!"

It was a male puppy. It was not his cute belly button.

She and another gal had to leave the room, somewhere between mortified and overcome with laughter. They were like "how are we gonna tell this sweet old lady she's been fellating her puppy? and WHO is gonna do it?" They got a few others involved, and decided to make the vet deliver the news.

Dear God in heaven

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Printer in one of our office locations needed a new drum kit. Approx $70 cost. IT manager says the IT department no longer supports company printers that are not leased. He claims they can get a new, leased printer instead. I said "what if the printer needed more ink? Would you replace that printer?" He says "of course, unless they buy the ink themselves"

I then placed an order for a new drum kit and rolled my eyes
Your IT guy sounds like he will go off if you don't use cover sheets on your TPS reports.

• Haha
Reactions: Cydkar and Cyhig

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
H

Ha..nope. On my way to speak to a chemical engineer and physics professor I'm working with on a mechanical flywheel system I'm patenting. Can you tell me the equation to a cubic inch of air and the bouyant lift it provides as it's extended from the axis of a wheel. How much weight it takes to overcome water pressure using a lever to compress gas in a liquid state? Doubt it. Enjoy your day
Pretty sure that comment was in regards to the dumb people in your story and not directed at you. Do you take everything personally?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Well....I got my taxes done today...

Taxes are dumb.

:mccaffery:

Our tax person sent us a packet to fill out before they did our taxes. It was basically coping all of our tax documents down into a packet organizer. WTF? What am I paying them for? Clicking a submit button? We decided to do them ourselves.

Reactions: CascadeClone

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Our tax person sent us a packet to fill out before they did our taxes. It was basically coping all of our tax documents down into a packet organizer. WTF? What am I paying them for? Clicking a submit button? We decided to do them ourselves.
I did my own for years, my parents tax person did mine for my first couple years out of high school. Then I did my own for many years.

Over the last few few years, I have had a lot of changes and my taxes have gotten considerably more complicated with investments and other things, so I decided last year to just get them done.

I like my tax people, I bring in my tax receipts and sit down with them for about an hour and they are done.

I hate how much it costs to get them done, but it is what it is, they have to make their money too.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Had three people in the last 48 hours come into the ED with a random object stuck up their butt.

PSA: if you’re going to stick something up your butt please make sure the object has a wider base so you don’t have a very embarrassing visit and one large bill.
Wasn't there a Grey's Anatomy episode about someone who "experienced" that? Although it was somewhat intentional and there was more than one "item" in play.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Soo... you are having to send a check in on the 15th , too?
Somehow I am managing a small refund this year.

Helped I had a significant loss I was able to use a significant deduction this year that helped. Next year I will probably be paying.

Obviously, we pay in every year, just how much we under or over pay throughout the year is the question.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
If he's talking about going to Stephens then I'm sure it's the musical version, which is what the new movie is based on. I watched it with my wife and daughters. It was pretty meh, but maybe the stage production is better. Not big into musicals myself.
I haven't seen any version yet. We're going to the Stephens show, too.

Reactions: JP4CY and NWICY

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I did my own for years, my parents tax person did mine for my first couple years out of high school. Then I did my own for many years.

Over the last few few years, I have had a lot of changes and my taxes have gotten considerably more complicated with investments and other things, so I decided last year to just get them done.

I like my tax people, I bring in my tax receipts and sit down with them for about an hour and they are done.

I hate how much it costs to get them done, but it is what it is, they have to make their money too.
I did ours for years, but then one year something got messed up and we had to deal with the IRS for two years. After that we went to our local tax accountant, dropped off our folder full of "tax stuff" and about a week later we went in and signed. Only for a couple hundred bucks. Easy peasy. That person moved to Texas and now we have a new person who wants us to fill out this "packet", and they are charging us more. No thanks, I'll just go back to doing them myself.

Help Support Us

Become a patron