*** Official #10 Illinois vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's actually hard to decide which end we were more poor on.

Defensively you can at least say our free throw defense has been great. It has been a disaster otherwise.

You can't say a single positive thing about the offense. I feel like that's more expected though.

• Agree
Reactions: Darius Bieber

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Challenge for the second half is that with the fouls we have accumulated (even though most were BS) we won’t be able to be as aggressive defensively. If we are aggressive we may have 4+ players foul out.

Hope we are able to get the offense going and somehow find a good balance between being aggressive on the defensive end, but not giving this awful crew a chance to call a foul on everything.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
The game will be called different in the 2nd half. We’re ok.
I optimistically agree, but I'm frustrated. 13 to 8 in fouls, when they've been every bit as physical as us, including forearms to the throat of Lipsey at least 3 times before even receiving the ball.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don't know man. we are throwing up some bad shots. i don't think things are being called unfair. we just look like crap. we just need to keep it at 10 for half.
This. They are getting rewarded because ISU is smaller and less athletic and fouling. ISU is being affected by the length, not a bunch of uncalled fouls.

Reactions: Jer and madguy30