Iowa Football Recruiting

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I am having trouble keeping up with this one.
is it actually confirmed he collected 100k and doesn't have to give it back?
if so, why wouldn't there be stipulations or contract signed that you must attend the university of Iowa in the fall or will have to pay back the money, etc?

i really enjoy this to be honest and we need to see more examples of this. not because its iowa, it is just proving how reckless we have made NIL with no rules.

its going to turn people off seeing how many players either get hurt, turn out to suck, become overpaid lazy players, or start bidding wars and using places against each other. people will grow tired of shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to see this type of behavior or results.
its about as bad as political corruption.
I'm pretty sure if he's received the money it's his.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Just finished listening to it. What a horrible interview. Those two spent the entire interview fanboying over the swarm d*p sh*it and trying to get invited to his vegas trip than actually pushing him on the details of how the collective can require a player to stay at a university or lose all their money.

You could almost hear the two of them swallow the load that guy was spewing when he told them Proctor didn't receive a dime from Swarm, and then proceeded to talk about Swarm Corporate?????? They didn't even question it! Just swallowed and wiped their chins.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Just finished listening to it. What a horrible interview. Those two spent the entire interview fanboying over the swarm d*p sh*it and trying to get invited to his vegas trip than actually pushing him on the details of how the collective can require a player to stay at a university or lose all their money.

You could almost hear the two of them swallow the load that guy was spewing when he told them Proctor didn't receive a dime from Swarm, and then proceeded to talk about Swarm Corporate?????? They didn't even question it! Just swallowed and wiped their chins.
Recapped it perfectly. Ross and Travis are as big of a crap show as the SWARM. They are perfect for each other.

Reactions: MustardTiger

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Brad Heinrich is already talking out of both sides of his mouth on kxno. Now he says he has been paid 15 percent out of some other part of the Swarm. Brad is as shady as they come. Couldn't happen to a better person and fanbase.
He’s in damage control. There’s two pools of the Swarm, general athletic population pool of money that is what average Joe NIL Swarm member and beer sales essentially goes to and then the private big donors that can specifically designate what the funds are used for.

If he’s good at this, he’ll manage the big donors that any KP money would have been allocated from while playing damage control with the masses on a “clarification” tour. Either way, it’s an indictment on allocation of resources that’s a black eye.

Reactions: Kinch

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
SJust finished listening to it. What a horrible interview. Those two spent the entire interview fanboying over the swarm d*p sh*it and trying to get invited to his vegas trip than actually pushing him on the details of how the collective can require a player to stay at a university or lose all their money.

I think he called it “Swarmie“ if I heard right. And Brad didn’t really answer him if student athletes tried to stiff the Swarm. All he would say is. “We need the effort or we’re not paying.” If I was a person from Department of Labor, I could make a strong case that Brad is admitting the Swarm is an employer. I agree with you totally. Horrible interview. Brad didn’t help himself. The funniest part is how the announcers were fallling over themselves in saying ‘Brad has a funny personality” when he said the purpose of going to Vegas was to tell his buddies how ugly they have become.
EDIT: SWARM, INC.

Last edited:

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
And Sam LaPorta didn’t help himself either with his tweet. Cyclone Larry hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: Acylum

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
One thing it looks like Brad wasn’t telling the truth was the issue of “signing bonus.”
He specifically said there was none and it would violate rules on pay to play.
However, in a post on Hawkeye Lounge, a post that was entitled “FYI from Brad” he said he was unsure if the corporate sponsor had any recourse from “clawbacks.” Kinda sounds like a signing bonus to me.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Was he referring to Swarm rules? Because they demand a certain amount of charitable work in order to receive payments.
No they had to be careful not to make it look like pay to play. The interview I heard said it was tied to where you lived, not necessarily where you went to school. Sam just said the swarm is tying it to where you go to school. I think Sam was careless with how he worded it.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
No they had to be careful not to make it look like pay to play. The interview I heard said it was tied to where you lived, not necessarily where you went to school. Sam just said the swarm is tying it to where you go to school. I think Sam was careless with how he worded it.
Well I know the rules Swarm has is the charitable thing to be eligible for payments. As far as worrying about the NCAA, I don’t think there is anything they can do about it now. Pandora’s box is wide open.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Well I know the rules Swarm has is the charitable thing to be eligible for payments. As far as worrying about the NCAA, I don’t think there is anything they can do about it now. Pandora’s box is wide open.
I doubt if the NCAA does anything. But it is clear violation of the rules they set up, which they are not now enforcing. It won’t lead to anything, probably, but it is a public relations disaster for Sam and Swarm.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron