Iowa Football Recruiting

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Well I know the rules Swarm has is the charitable thing to be eligible for payments. As far as worrying about the NCAA, I don’t think there is anything they can do about it now. Pandora’s box is wide open.
Yes, I agree that the rules the Swarm set up require charitable work, for one half of the swarm, according to what Brad said.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
According to a post on Hawkeye Lounge, Brad is supposed to put out a statement that acknowledged many Hok fans have dropped out of giving to the Swarm since the KP fiasco.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Does anyone know what auto dealer KP is supposed to have done marketing work with? Would be very interesting if it is a buy here pay here business. Those type of dealers especially don’t take too kindly to what KP did.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Here’s the part I don’t understand. If KP didn’t receive money for coming to Iowa, what do you call the 15% that was paid to him? Or the clawbacks from the company in Swarm, Inc.?

Reactions: Acylum

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Here’s the part I don’t understand. If KP didn’t receive money for coming to Iowa, what do you call the 15% that was paid to him? Or the clawbacks from the company in Swarm, Inc.?

CW kind of explained it in his Two Guys named chris. There are two arms of collectives. The fan funded charity part and then the part where they hook up players with business deals. So while it is all part of the Swarm there is two separate funding parts. Sounds like he got paid from business deals already and that would be the 15% part. It isn't technically for coming to Iowa.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I doubt if the NCAA does anything. But it is clear violation of the rules they set up, which they are not now enforcing. It won’t lead to anything, probably, but it is a public relations disaster for Sam and Swarm.
What NCAA rule is the Iowa NIL violating?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
According to a post on Hawkeye Lounge, Brad is supposed to put out a statement that acknowledged many Hok fans have dropped out of giving to the Swarm since the KP fiasco.
Are you a Hawkeye Lounge member?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
CW kind of explained it in his Two Guys named chris. There are two arms of collectives. The fan funded charity part and then the part where they hook up players with business deals. So while it is all part of the Swarm there is two separate funding parts. Sounds like he got paid from business deals already and that would be the 15% part. It isn't technically for coming to Iowa.
I get the two sides of the collective. And I totally get your post. But if you have to spend a lot of time explain why a $15,000 Payment (or whatever the 15% amounts to) and the clawback money is “technically” not for coming to Iowa, you failed to convince people that he was not paid to come to Iowa. Plus when they tweet out $100,000 is coming to Swarm when KP announced, they didn’t distinguish then, which leads to a lot of confusion. This is why it’s a good idea to have a public relations company look through tweets before you send out in times like these. It’s a public relations disaster for the Swarm.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Probably already been said, but there isn't really anything stopping him (or any other Collective leader) from lying thru their teeth on something like this, is there? Fans/donors are never going to see the in/out line items of the cash. Of course an NIL Collective director would say no fan money went to him, whether it did or didn't.

• Winner

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
What NCAA rule is the Iowa NIL violating?

The way Sam worded it, it is a violation of pay to play (that the NCAA still has on the books, but not enforcing) however, Brad was careful enough not to use that exact language that Sam made.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

They call that "spin," or damage control. He knows the future of SWARM is on thin ice with this little development.

• Haha
Reactions: Kinch and iahawks

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

So when I'm needing a new car I just go hang out at a nursing home for a few hours? Is that how this works?

Saying he wasn't paid to come here but was just grossly overcompensated for his charitable work is certainly a parsing of words.

MustardTiger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2019
The Dirty Burger
Probably already been said, but there isn't really anything stopping him (or any other Collective leader) from lying thru their teeth on something like this, is there? Fans/donors are never going to see the in/out line items of the cash. Of course an NIL Collective director would say no fan money went to him, whether it did or didn't.
This. Which is why its important for local media to press these people on the hard questions when they get them on the radio. Like they do with Pollard. Not gargle their balls and offer their backs as a spot for him to shoot his wad.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron