Tang Postgame Comments

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
No, that entire interview was tone deaf. Even when he was highlighting the negatives of his own players, just odd. Especially with the Bible clutching he did.

Tone deaf, or no self-awareness. Tomato, to-mah-to.

I agree in that I think his intent was playful, but that shows how awful he is at reading the room. You can't call out the opposing team's floor general in the same season you accuse the coaching staff of cheating and play it off like a good-natured jab.

That's basically what I said, no?

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
ill give randy p some credit takin a shot at Tang, too

"Tang can complain about Lipsey all he wants. The bottom line is that the former Ames High School star is a winner. He’ll be playing in the NCAA Tournament next week, while Tang’s team is likely playing someone in the, ahem, NIT."
It's bad when you get bodied by ol' Randy

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Does anyone else see the beauty in Karma? If Kstate had won thar game yesterday I'd say they'd have a shot at getting in the tourney. Now? No way. We shut the door on their season unless you enjoy NIT basketball. Beating us at home just gave them a little glimmer of hope just to get the legs kicked out from under them yesterday. After that crap in Ames this couldn't have worked out more beautifully. Suck it tang

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I can't wait till KSU comes to Hilton next year. Tang has dug his own grave with our fan base with his accusations and comments. I loved how he was booed when he grabbed the mop last night too, wonder if his staff was cussing them out like they apparently did at Hilton. He's really close to replacing Bill Self at the top of my list of most hated Big 12 coaches.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
No. He was not. He said how he tells a Perry to stop doing it, and then transitions to Lipsey being #1 at this thing he wishes players wouldn’t do.

Honestly, it was more weird and beyond the pale than walking over across the half court line to accuse your opponent of spying on your huddle. You just don’t call out players like that in college athletics.

BY ought to give Tang a call and say something. The dude has lost it.

Listened again. Maybe you are right. Might have been a mistake to think better of his comment. Certainly cant defend what he said at the very roots.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Who cares, another odd/salty comment after a loss from Tang. Tamin shot two free throws in the game. On to the next.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Is K-State even going to get in the NIT? I think UCF and Cincy have the autobids from the B12 because their NETs are higher (I might be wrong on that).

Reactions: FerShizzle

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Tang is college basketball's Hugh Freeze.

Capable of winning, recruits pretty well, uses religion as a personal tool, constant over the top antics that are 100% calculated and a complete ******* dork.

Reactions: MJAnderson

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Listening to Tangs arguments as to why they should be in didn't play out well. Cincy lost, but only by 12. They played 2 days previous and didn't lose by 20. Cincy beat Kstate head to head so does that jump Cincy over Kstate by Tang logic? Didn't make much sense listening to that rambling. Finished one game behind in the regular season, but evened it out in the tourney imo. Haven't checked out the other bubble teams today, but I'd assume both Cats are out.