Tang Postgame Comments

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Really starting to think there's something more going on with this guy.
Like an Adderall addiction.
And I don't say that to be funny but something is clearly wrong with him.
Substance abuse or high functioning schizophrenia. He just doesn’t seem in control of his own actions or emotions.

Reactions: Acer88 and Drew0311

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
You can thank Kemba Walker when he was at UConn for the head snap trend. Dude was the absolute worst at it. But it’s been a part of the game for 15 years now.
Or *insert KU PG here*. He was always doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: CYDJ

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
What a first class PUTZ, for calling out, naming, and labeling Lipsey a flopper. Coach Putz never even needed to say who he thinks is at the top of the league in that category no matter who e thought it might be. He and every other coaching staff in the league know how important Tamin is to our team and game plan to do everything to stop, impede, and take him out of his game. That includes reaching, bumping, fouling, beating on and harassing Tamin in everyway possible.

When I see the beatings that Tamin takes most every game, I am surprised how he can even walk off the court at the end of a lot of games. Most of the things that coach putz sees as flops are really just beat downs and hard landings from trying to make the plays that our team needs.

One needs to look no farther to prove that Tamin is about making plays and is not a flopper than to look at the play where he was double teamed near half court along the right sideline. One of the K-State guys reached across his body and arm fouling him hard. Tamin just played through that mugging and retrieved the ball just prior to feeding Big Rob alone under the basket with a perfect pass.
This. Tamin flops some, but usually it's to draw attention to the massive amount of contact he's always fighting through and never gets calls for. I don't see him trying to create a foul out of nothing, but just to get the refs to acknowledge what's constantly happening to him.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This. Tamin flops some, but usually it's to draw attention to the massive amount of contact he's always fighting through and never gets calls for. I don't see him trying to create a foul out of nothing, but just to get the refs to acknowledge what's constantly happening to him.
I think he plays through contact so well he doesn't get the calls he should quite often. See the mugging he took from the KState post before he rocketed a pass underneath for a dunk.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Considering the context of the question and the tone of Tang's response up to that point, it seems like his comment about Lipsey was meant as a little good-natured ribbing - the kind of thing we'd all get a chuckle about if it were Bill Self.

But it isn't Bill Self. If Tang had the slightest hint of self-awareness, he'd know he's persona non grata among this fan base and he should just stay away from stuff like that. It's no wonder the joke didn't land.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Considering the context of the question and the tone of Tang's response up to that point, it seems like his comment about Lipsey was meant as a little good-natured ribbing - the kind of thing we'd all get a chuckle about if it were Bill Self.

But it isn't Bill Self. If Tang had the slightest hint of self-awareness, he'd know he's persona non grata among this fan base and he should just stay away from stuff like that. It's no wonder the joke didn't land.
No, that entire interview was tone deaf. Even when he was highlighting the negatives of his own players, just odd. Especially with the Bible clutching he did.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
No, that entire interview was tone deaf. Even when he was highlighting the negatives of his own players, just odd. Especially with the Bible clutching he did.
He's straight up a weirdo. Just let him run his mouth as that Elite Eight gets further and further in the rear view. It's only a matter of time before he's in a full blown crisis in Manhattan.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
He makes me think of Bruce fondly, their sixth man on the floor. Poor guy, seems like he got violated in that court storm against KU.

I remember the days when K-State was one of our less annoying conference foes. Those days are gone.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA

I agree in that I think his intent was playful, but that shows how awful he is at reading the room. You can't call out the opposing team's floor general in the same season you accuse the coaching staff of cheating and play it off like a good-natured jab.

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
I guess I would have to inquire further as to the intent of his Lipsey comment. Could be he was holding Tamin up as the standard in taking a charge. Challenging his own player in the statement.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
ill give randy p some credit takin a shot at Tang, too

"Tang can complain about Lipsey all he wants. The bottom line is that the former Ames High School star is a winner. He’ll be playing in the NCAA Tournament next week, while Tang’s team is likely playing someone in the, ahem, NIT."

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I guess I would have to inquire further as to the intent of his Lipsey comment. Could be he was holding Tamin up as the standard in taking a charge. Challenging his own player in the statement.
No. He was not. He said how he tells a Perry to stop doing it, and then transitions to Lipsey being #1 at this thing he wishes players wouldn’t do.

Honestly, it was more weird and beyond the pale than walking over across the half court line to accuse your opponent of spying on your huddle. You just don’t call out players like that in college athletics.

BY ought to give Tang a call and say something. The dude has lost it.