*** Official #20 BYU vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Have to do something about bob at the 5, it's just a horrible matchup for him, have to change that.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I know this isn't going to make any of you guys feel any better, but I feel like we are just a bad matchup for you guys. The thing is, there aren't really any other teams like us and you aren't going to be playing us again anytime soon. You guys still have a WAY higher ceiling in the NCAA tournament than we do. Elite defense takes you far. We live and die by the three, and there is no way we put together 3 consecutive games where we can sustain that, let alone four or five. You guys have a much better shot at the Final Four. Again, I get that you guys don't care right now, but we honestly hope you guys and a couple of other Big 12 teams represent in March.

Loan us one of your shooters will you :)

83cy

May 14, 2006
I get we’re all frustrated. BYU is probably going to be a 5/6 seed and is a terrible matchup. I don’t know what people expected, but this is hardly a shocking result.
At home for a 2 seed?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This. We pass up so many open 3s to instead drive it and get blocked it makes my head hurt.

They'd probably get blocked on the perimeter too.

BYU looks like they have about 1 foot on ISU's guards everywhere.

I know it's only a few inches but it makes a difference in simply getting a shot off.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I get we’re all frustrated. BYU is probably going to be a 5/6 seed and is a terrible matchup. I don’t know what people expected, but this is hardly a shocking result.

Maybe it's because we haven't won a Senior night game since 2017, but I had a bad feeling about this game going into tonight.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
This is going to be an annual thing. Guys hit the wall. Defense falls off because ere completely gassed and we don’t have the offensive power to pull through it.

You can see other teams getting better while we are regressing.

We face TX first game of Big 12 and we get bounced. Do not see us winning two in the dance.

We’ll be a 3 seed now, not in Omaha, and I think any six seed beats us right now.

jspeels

May 14, 2022
How many times did Settles correctly say— that should have been a foul call? We got to get at least a little home cooking in the second half.
When have we gotten home cooking from refs?? I can’t recall it happening

AlaskaCoug

Nov 10, 2023
we need your shooting coach!
Eh, it's more recruiting. Because of our honor code we are stuck with mostly white, unathletic Utah guys who can shoot but not do much else...other than work hard I guess? It's also why you guys have a higher ceiling than we do.