*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You have a historical analytical beast in Houston and we didn't blink.

Yes we lost by 8 but it was a nip and tuck game the whole way.

Yes we could have executed better and make less mistakes but In the spotlight and pressure we didn't wilt and mail it in.

Look at other equivalent teams like Marquette in the same spot and how they performed.

I'm highly encouraged for the future prospects of this team.

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
I want to apologize for the overrated chants. Unfortunately, some of our students are still learning game etiquette. I think some of the older guys in the crowd shut it up pretty quickly. I think it’s one of the most annoying chants and I’m very sorry. Y’all are a top 5 team.
Thank you... fans will be fans, and every school has some classless ones. (I think they give master's degrees in it at Eastern IA U).

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and NENick

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I want to apologize for the overrated chants. Unfortunately, some of our students are still learning game etiquette. I think some of the older guys in the crowd shut it up pretty quickly. I think it’s one of the most annoying chants and I’m very sorry. Y’all are a top 5 team.
No apologies necessary. Like I said, it was amusing if anything.

Your team is impressive. It’s not very often our toughness is matched, but that’s exactly what you did. Completely earned the W tonight.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Telling like it is would be that Shead owned Lipsey… I’ve never seen Lipsey get owned before.
Lipsey is good but he's still a sophomore with room to grow. He got owned by a senior guard who is one of the best in the country. I think Lipsey is a pretty sharp and determined guy. He will use this experience to get better.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Well s***. Send a message to JP and let's get the conference to type up an apology letter. A dozen more fouls and Houston runs out of players. Should have been a forfeit. What an outrage.

Arrest Sampson because obviously he was slipping them C notes every time they talked to him. Kick Houston out of the league, fire all those officials and yank their qualifications so no one on earth will ever have to deal with this type of travesty ISU witnessed tonight.
This stupid strawman proves you aren't looking for a conversation, but to seem above it all. **** right off, douche.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Not a big deal. Pretty tame chant lol. Houston has a great team. I really like Shead. I will definitely be pulling for them in the tourney unless they run into the Cyclones.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
ISU had 3 more fouls despite fouling at the end, and ISU was in the bonus WAY before Houston.

I’d consider that a run of the mill home team bias, with the exception being when KU comes to your place.
Stop with common sense, the officials had to suck :)

• Haha
Reactions: T-oh double D

T-oh double D

Jan 20, 2024
Thanks man- almost all fan bases do it…to the victor go the spoils. You win, you get to chant what you want.

You guys have a great team- hope to see you again in KC.

Reactions: fsanford and NENick

Istater4life

Jun 14, 2010
No. The players need to worry about the correct things, and they do. We fans can ***** about **** officiating, especially when it’s as atrocious as tonight.
The "correct things" would be making free throws and layups, and not turning the ball over twice as much. Winning on the road is hard and hope we get a rematch in Kansas City.

• Agree
Reactions: T-oh double D

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I forgot some of the stats from our last match-up:
- we only hit 3 three-pointers
- C Jones was held scoreless
- King led both teams with 9 rebounds
- we made 6 more free throws than they attempted
- Cryer only had 5 points

I'll be surprised if any of those stat lines are the same tonight.
- 9 of 17 from 3 (improvement)
- C Jones with 13 (improvement)
- King led both teams with 8 rebounds (one less board, but still another great effort)
- Here's the big one: Houston went 24 of 32 and we were 10 of 15 (total flip from the game in Ames- huge stat)
- Cryer with only 8 points (worse, but still contained him well)

Houston attacked well tonight and actually shot well from the line. Shead was a beast. We did a lot well and gave them a good game in their place. We couldn't make stops in the last 5 minutes to crawl closer. Tip the cap to them and move on. Gritty game against a great team.

Forever true. We've still got a great season to make magic happen.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I thought the way the game was officiated was a travesty for both teams, and the league. You can't send the message immediately that anything goes, then give tgen 15 fts tge first half. Then try to pull it back even more the 2nd half.

Very very poorlt officiated game for a game if this level.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Lipsey is good but he's still a sophomore with room to grow. He got owned by a senior guard who is one of the best in the country. I think Lipsey is a pretty sharp and determined guy. He will use this experience to get better.
I definitely forget that Tamin is just a Soph. Just one of those guys that seems like he’s been around forever, probably due to watching him in HS.

Rough game vs a great player and team. It happens.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Shead was just too good on his floor, but they couldn’t knock us out. Loved our effort.
Small consolation is that we beat the spread.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
There was also a graphic during the game of how much they have been beating teams at home and I think damn near every game was over 20 points

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
You have a historical analytical beast in Houston and we didn't blink.

Yes we lost by 8 but it was a nip and tuck game the whole way.

Yes we could have executed better and make less mistakes but In the spotlight and pressure we didn't wilt and mail it in.

Look at other equivalent teams like Marquette in the same spot and how they performed.

I'm highly encouraged for the future prospects of this team.
Yep saw several top 10 teams on the road this year get destroyed.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
ISU had 3 more fouls despite fouling at the end, and ISU was in the bonus WAY before Houston.

I’d consider that a run of the mill home team bias, with the exception being when KU comes to your place.
Yeah, I thought it was pretty slanted toward them in the first half, and mostly balanced out in the second. Kind of had to laugh when Rob got called for a foul for reaching over to tap out a rebound though. Probably the least contact on a possession all game.