*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I'd love even a chance at this outcome.

I'm feeling a night where it feels like Houston is all over the place and railroads ISU a bit.

Then the big challenge is staying the course Saturday.
Nah. We truck West Virginia on Saturday no matter what happens today.

Being fortunate enough to be at all home games this year, Hilton has an even higher level of difficulty for opponents this year because fans are absolutely packing the place and "into it" all game long (been attending pretty regular for 20+ years and I think I can say the environment is at its peak right now). I mean shoot, we'll be up 10+ and if the other team makes even a couple shots to trim it down a bit, the crowd is up cheering our guys on to get it back up to a more comfortable margin. It has turned into an "event" for everyone attending our games and it's an absolute blast to be there.

I'd be jumping all over any line under -15 vs. WVU, we aren't losing.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Anyone know what HOU has left to play? I know they finish with home VS KU

ISU
@Baylor
Cincinnati
@Oklahoma
@UCF
Kansas

A much tougher end to the conference season than us although obviously still favored in every one. Legitimate chances at loss going to Baylor and OU, then hosting KU at the end. Even Cincinnati is a "trap", although realistically very minimal.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
250,000 bats come out from under a single bridge every night in Houston.

A sculpture park in Houston contains a statue of a giant spider.

Houston boasts the world's largest funeral museum.

The waterways of Houston are infested with 2-foot long rodents called nutria.

Houston is truly a horrible place.

Go Cyclones!

Gibbon

Aug 20, 2013
Ames
250,000 bats come out from under a single bridge every night in Houston.

A sculpture park in Houston contains a statue of a giant spider.

Houston boasts the world's largest funeral museum.

The waterways of Houston are infested with 2-foot long rodents called nutria.

Houston is truly a horrible place.

Go Cyclones!

I mean.... you're kinda selling me on Houston. Sounds rad as hell.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
I know it’s a waste of typing, but I will do it anyway. Can we PLEASE do our best to not melt down if we lose this? There’s a chance we actually get housed tonight, and that won’t change a damn thing in my mind with this team and what’s left on the table.

This isn’t a scenario where in the past we’ve had chances to take control of something and lost it to a team that is inferior or one we had a real chance to win against. We have a chance tonight for sure, BUT this will be an absolute monumental ask to win at their place.

Time to shock the college basketball landscape!
First time? of COURSE there will be a meltdown 1708358493154.png

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Being fortunate enough to be at all home games this year, Hilton has an even higher level of difficulty for opponents this year because fans are absolutely packing the place and "into it" all game long (been attending pretty regular for 20+ years and I think I can say the environment is at its peak right now). I mean shoot, we'll be up 10+ and if the other team makes even a couple shots to trim it down a bit, the crowd is up cheering our guys on to get it back up to a more comfortable margin. It has turned into an "event" for everyone attending our games and it's an absolute blast to be there.

WV is due for things to go well and they still play erratic.

I've had that game circled as a weird one for quite a while and I'll be thrilled if ISU wins.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames

This is our trap game. We won't cover, tonight is huge, and they will relax. I'm not worried about it.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Don't have many expectations for this one so not very nervous.

Would be a historic win and put us in the driver's seat for a Big 12 regular season championship but this is a near impossible task. I'm expecting a loss and do not think we cover.

Mar 21, 2021
If we win tonight we're a near lock for Big12 Champ, right?

Mar 21, 2021
What is the over/under on a coach T in one of tonight's 2 Big12 games?

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Winning a Big XII game is tough
Winning on the road is tough.
Traveling to Texas for a Big Monday game after a hard fought Saturday win is tough.
Beating a top 5 team is tough.
Houston is tough.

Winning a Big XII road game on Big Monday against a very good top 5 Houston team will be very, very, very tough.

Yet with all of that said, these guys keep finding a way to win so I am not going to doubt them.
Go Clones!
Hard fought? That game against Texas Tech wasn't close. Despite the final score being single digits, we had them crushed the whole time.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have not looked at the metrics for conference schedules... but who has had the more difficult conference schedule between the two schools?