Getting "Un-Banned" From a Message Board.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I was banned from an Blog /message board for arguing politics :biggrin:

I can see the page, but none of the threads / messages. I can't log in. I have total access when using another computer (traveling this week on business), so I believe the moderators have blocked my home IP addy - is that possible?

In the past I could delete cookies, clear cache and join with a different handle. This time it's different.

Is it possible to get my ISP to do something - can I get a different IP Addy? Can they block my MAC Addy? Any help - thanks

Hope I don't give any ideas to lurking banned Hawkeyes:biglaugh:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

I can see the page, but none of the threads / messages. I can't log in. I have total access when using another computer (traveling this week on business), so I believe the moderators have blocked my home IP addy - is that possible?

In the past I could delete cookies, clear cache and join with a different handle. This time it's different.

Is it possible to get my ISP to do something - can I get a different IP Addy? Can they block my MAC Addy? Any help - thanks

I believe there are ways to refresh your IP, but I'm not entirely sure how to do this. I know at schools like ISU, you almost have to ban by username, and just keep banning, because of the always changing IPs.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
You just wouldn't understand.

Awesome response. The best thing for a board to do is like South Florida did with their Rivals board last year when Hawk fans crashed it after "Black Tuesday" on HROT, they took the whole message board down and it hasn't returned. Now that's keeping people out. lol

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Use an anonymous proxy.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Use an anonymous proxy.

Thanks - that's an idea, but I was wondering if I had to download software, or if there's a Proxy Server (for free of course). Know of a good one?

Most of the popular ones I heard about were for LINUX systems.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny

you've been visiting other message boards? I feel so....so......used. :shocked:

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Awesome response. The best thing for a board to do is like South Florida did with their Rivals board last year when Hawk fans crashed it after "Black Tuesday" on HROT, they took the whole message board down and it hasn't returned. Now that's keeping people out. lol

LOL, that was quite the day.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
HROT pulled the same stunt on the Auburn and Florida boards around the time bowl games were announced. I remember one thread on GatorBait titled "As an athiest, I cannot root for Tim Tebow"

Needless to say, that thread didn't last very long.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
HROT had it's glory days 4-5 years ago. It's mostly juvenile now. The GDR fiasco is to blame for driving everyone away

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron