Iowa FB 2024-28 B1G Opponents Announced

CyrenAlert

Jul 20, 2023
I would agree the top in the B1G is tougher - but that will make for 2-3 games most years. I'd say the Big 12 is more even top to bottom. Iowa should still get 8-9 freebies a year. Iowa State isn't in a position to take any game for granted, but most of the Big 12 schedule would be equivelant to Iowa's 3rd hardest game, but every week.

LMAO

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
An interesting thing to do would be to rank B1G as job desirability.
I'd go with these tiers:

tOSU, Mich, SC
Penn St, Oregon, Washington
Nebraska, UCLA, Wisconsin
MSU
Iowa
Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue
Illinois, Indiana
Rutgers
NW

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
An interesting thing to do would be to rank B1G as job desirability.
I'd go with these tiers:

tOSU, Mich, SC
Penn St, Oregon, Washington
Nebraska, UCLA, Wisconsin
MSU
Iowa
Maryland, Minnesota, Purdue
Illinois, Indiana
Rutgers
NW
UCLA is way too high. I think you mostly nailed it though but I'd put ucla below Iowa and Michigan State who should be on same tier.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
UCLA is way too high. I think you mostly nailed it though but I'd put ucla below Iowa and Michigan State who should be on same tier.
I put MS ahead just because how huge that last contract was. They must have some coin.

Reactions: GoHawks

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I never said that would happen. All I'm saying is that Iowa, like every other school in the B1G, will find ways to spend $$$ from the new media and expanded CFP deals to upgrade/add football facilities/services. You think that all upgrades to EIU's football facilities/services have already been done and there's nothing more they can do. Like I said, we disagree.
If you broke the new B10 football programs into 4 segments is Iowa in A, B, C, or D?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If you broke the new B10 football programs into 4 segments is Iowa in A, B, C, or D?
tOSU
Michigan
USC
PSU

Oregon
Washington
Wisconsin
Iowa

UCLA
Nebraska
Michigan St.
Maryland

Minnesota
Rutgers
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana
Northwestern

You could probably swap out Iowa/UCLA, so I'd say Iowa's either low-end B or high-end C.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I never said that would happen. All I'm saying is that Iowa, like every other school in the B1G, will find ways to spend $$$ from the new media and expanded CFP deals to upgrade/add football facilities/services. You think that all upgrades to EIU's football facilities/services have already been done and there's nothing more they can do. Like I said, we disagree.
No one is denying that EIU and the rest will spend the money, and yes, its better to have it than not have it. But that is just talking in circles. The money is not going to help their on the field results, and that is all that really matters.

What major improvement can EIU do at their stadium that they have not already done? Sure you can always do more, but that is not going to get you a better product on the field. I have said it before, most of these new found money will not be going to football and basketball they were already getting a majority of the funding. It will be going to build the baseball team a new field or redo their present one, build a stand alone wrestling room, none of these things are going to help the football and basketball teams.

But you guys can continue to crow about how all this money is going to be a game changer in the dynamics of college football and somehow EIU is going to be at the top of the food chain.

Reactions: cycloner29

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
tOSU
Michigan
USC
PSU

Oregon
Washington
Wisconsin
Iowa

UCLA
Nebraska
Michigan St.
Maryland

Minnesota
Rutgers
Purdue
Illinois
Indiana
Northwestern

You could probably swap out Iowa/UCLA, so I'd say Iowa's either low-end B or high-end C.
If mover Oregon up and UCLA up, would also swap sparty and Iowa but honestly that is in flux. I’d also move minn up a group.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
No one is denying that EIU and the rest will spend the money, and yes, its better to have it than not have it. But that is just talking in circles. The money is not going to help their on the field results, and that is all that really matters.

What major improvement can EIU do at their stadium that they have not already done? Sure you can always do more, but that is not going to get you a better product on the field. I have said it before, most of these new found money will not be going to football and basketball they were already getting a majority of the funding. It will be going to build the baseball team a new field or redo their present one, build a stand alone wrestling room, none of these things are going to help the football and basketball teams.

But you guys can continue to crow about how all this money is going to be a game changer in the dynamics of college football and somehow EIU is going to be at the top of the food chain.
You're talking about 2 different things:

1. EIU can't make any more improvements to their football facility/operations
2. Even if they could, it wouldn't help their on-field results

I never said improvements to their football facilities/services/operations would improve the on-field results, not sure why you keep implying I did.

There are plenty of upgrades to the stadium and other football facilities that the money can be used for.

You're kind of all over the place on this.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
SIAP but looks like Big10 is staying at 9 games for the next few years and that they gave Iowa 5 away games next year which means it'll work out to host ISU along with their 2 buy games and keep the Cy-hawk rivalry going longer.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
SIAP but looks like Big10 is staying at 9 games for the next few years and that they gave Iowa 5 away games next year which means it'll work out to host ISU along with their 2 buy games and keep the Cy-hawk rivalry going longer.
Yep, 9 conference games, every team plays every other team at least 2 times every 5 years. Before UO and UW joined it was every 4 years, so that was the adjustment.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yep, 9 conference games, every team plays every other team at least 2 times every 5 years. Before UO and UW joined it was every 4 years, so that was the adjustment.

I know it's polarizing but I am glad to have the Cy-Hawk game...just the buzz/money generated that whole week is unmatchable with any other opponent.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I know it's polarizing but I am glad to have the Cy-Hawk game...just the buzz/money generated that whole week is unmatchable with any other opponent.
I don't think it's going away anytime soon. With that and the new conference scheduling I don't see Iowa looking for any other tough OOC matchups, will look to buy a few wins.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You're talking about 2 different things:

1. EIU can't make any more improvements to their football facility/operations
2. Even if they could, it wouldn't help their on-field results

I never said improvements to their football facilities/services/operations would improve the on-field results, not sure why you keep implying I did.

There are plenty of upgrades to the stadium and other football facilities that the money can be used for.

You're kind of all over the place on this.
I have never said you did say it was going to improve their on the field performance, but many of your fellow fanbase, just take it for granted that once the money is rolling in, every athlete worth a damn will be choosing schools from the Big easy or the SEC, which I do not believe to be true.

The only way having the money helps those schools if they can start to use it for NIL or increasing the number of scholarships, because other school have just as good as facilities, it's not all like the Big easy schools are unbelievable and the Big 12 and ACC are high school level.

You like the rest of your fanbase somehow think this money is the magic bullet, and its not.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Tier One = OSU, Michigan, USC

Tier Two = PSU, Oregon, Washington

Tier Three = Wisconsin, UCLA, Iowa, MSU

Tier Four = Purdue, Minnesota, Nebraska (has potential to move up to Three), Maryland

Tier Five = Rutgers, Indiana, NW, Illinois,
I would probably move Wisconsin up to tier two, at least in terms of brand. They have been painful to watch for years with QBs that look like they’ve just learned that the forward pass is legal, but they still draw great on TV.

Help Support Us

Become a patron