Greetings from Utah!

uteman1011

Aug 5, 2023
Hello All! We were visited by a few of your friends at utefans.net last week and were invited to take a look around here.

Hopefully you'll tolerate Utah fans once you get to know us. X/Twitter is a cesspool of the worst. I apologize for a couple fools behavior over there who are making people believe they represent Utah. It couldn't be further from the truth!

I am relieved that Utah survived the last few months, but I’m still sad at the loss of the PAC12, especially as someone who lives on the western end. I know we have only been in the conference since 2011, but it’s been our home, we worked very hard to get there and now we are being forced to abandon. I do wish the PAC12 was still alive. I might dislike USC, but I loved playing them and we had a small, budding rivalry with them. I also feel awful for WSU and OSU. When I see them, I’m sorta reminded of Utah from 2004-2014.

It’s also strange because lots of BIG12 fans are acting like we are ungrateful by being upset or sad at the move. I’m absolutely grateful to the BIG12 for giving us a lifeboat, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad that the ship sunk.

I'm positive the Big 12 will work for us in terms of excitement, and I’ll say some positive things about our future opponents and games.

Iowa State: I grew to really like the basketball program through Jeff Hornacek. I had the pleasure of watching them when they came to the Salt Lake Regional in the NCAA tournament. I look forward to the Utes getting their butts kicked by them the next few years. The 2010 football game was a crazy one! Reggie Dunn taking it 100 yds on a 3rd quarter kickoff, and Utah putting up 239 yds rushing.

BYU: this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the whole country, and instantly becomes one of the biggest rivalries in the BIG12. The uniform matchup is also the best in CFB (suck it USC and FUCLA).

TCU: I am so excited for this game to be back again. If there is any program that has mirrored Utah for the past 20 years, it’s TCU. They also have some of my favorite uniforms in the whole country.

Arizona, ASU, Colorado: I know these teams aren’t the best in regards to football, but I’m glad they bring a semblance of familiarity to the transition. Colorado is also technically a rival too lmao.

TTU and Cincinnati: Uniform color bros! I’m excited to see what uniforms we wear against each other lol.

Oklahoma State: They are another team that is identical to Utah in a way. I’m excited to see Whitt and Gundy play against each other! Whitt’s overall record is 154-74, with an 11-5 bowl record. Gundy’s overall record is 156-75, with an 11-6 bowl record. That is frighteningly similar lol.

The Utes should come into the conference with a pretty deep team. I'm looking forward to how we stack up week in week out.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Welcome - personally, I'm excited about Utah coming to the conference. I think your FB program can be a top tier program in the league based on fan support, ratings, passion, etc. You'll find that if you are rational and not a troll, you'll fit in well here.

But the million dollar question is why are so many of your fans insane? :)

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think that most of us sympathize with ORSt and WSU. We were almost in the same boat and have some similarities with those schools. I also get that new schools are sad to see the P12 go. A lot of us still wish the Big 8 was around. That said, some of your twitter fans need a dose of humility.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Am pulling for Utah to kick major a$$ in the PAC 12’s last ssn and make the CFP. Then, next year, we can say the new Big12 has had three CFP qualifiers in the last 3 years (Cincy, TCU, Utah)

uteman1011

Aug 5, 2023
Welcome - personally, I'm excited about Utah coming to the conference. I think your FB program can be a top tier program in the league based on fan support, ratings, passion, etc. You'll find that if you are rational and not a troll, you'll fit in well here.

But the million dollar question is why are so many of your fans insane? :)
Altitude/lack of oxygen/living among the mormons..... or simply dropped on their head as a child?

uteman1011

Aug 5, 2023
I think that most of us sympathize with ORSt and WSU. We were almost in the same boat and have some similarities with those schools. I also get that new schools are sad to see the P12 go. A lot of us still wish the Big 8 was around. That said, some of your twitter fans need a dose of humility.
Agreed! But we'll use the term "fans" loosely in this case. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: aauummm

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Most Iowa State, Kansas State and Baylor fans also wanted the Pac 12 to survive, much more than people realize. Every other original Big 12 team at least had rumors of a good landing spot in most of our realignment nightmares (although in reality I think KU and Tech faced uncertainty at times too).

Of every power conference team those three have been an eyelash from Washington State and Oregon State's situation the most times. Three separate times we were on the edge of that and avoided it.

If ISU/Big 12 fans seem happy about Pac demise, it's only because for the first time in over a decade our teams were safe in a round of this chaos.

FWIW I would have voted Utah as National Champion in 2004 if I had a vote.

Reactions: uteman1011