Greetings from Utah!

uteman1011

Aug 5, 2023
I personally welcome Utes. I'm sure many have heard about the 22 Forever, but that's the first thing I think about when I hear Utah football. That, and well, this infamous play :p
Yup. Infamous. That was on the end of the field where my tickets were. Right when he dropped it my daughter and I looked at each other with shock. She said “did you see that?” We looked back and I said “yup, so did Oregon”. .. as they were running the ball back.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
You’ve got to remind me (I’m getting old), did he say crap about the Cyclones after the game?

He had like 150 punt return yards on a day we had to punt a lot.

It was probably the biggest blowout we've had, and we've had a lot. What makes it worse is I think ISU was ahead after a quarter so it all got out of hand really fast.

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
4f34e01a-5831-43e4-81ab-a4f22995c2f6_text.gif
That is the worst game I've ever experienced in person.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He had like 150 punt return yards on a day we had to punt a lot.

It was probably the biggest blowout we've had, and we've had a lot. What makes it worse is I think ISU was ahead after a quarter so it all got out of hand really fast.

BU 2013 comes to mind and Nebraska put up 70 a couple of times in the 1990s.

But yeah that 2nd quarter vs. UT things went off the rails quickly.

Reactions: uteman1011

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
Altitude/lack of oxygen/living among the mormons..... or simply dropped on their head as a child?
I respect someone who can joke about themselves. I say that as a guy that grew up in a fly-over state and I'm proud of it.

I understand being sad about the demise of the Pac 12. I wish the Big 8 were still viable.

I'm also a Stanford alum and I really don't see a lot of good alternatives for the Cardinal. I'm happy the Utes have joined us. Good luck, till you play the Clones.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
BU 2013 comes to mind and Nebraska put up 70 a couple of times in the 1990s.

But yeah that 2nd quarter vs. UT things went off the rails quickly.

2013 Baylor I had a great bbq going in my new back yard at my new place and some beers and a tv set up outside on an absolutely beautiful day...and then it was like someone just hit me in the face with a baseball bat for all my trouble.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Hello All! We were visited by a few of your friends at utefans.net last week and were invited to take a look around here.

Hopefully you'll tolerate Utah fans once you get to know us. X/Twitter is a cesspool of the worst. I apologize for a couple fools behavior over there who are making people believe they represent Utah. It couldn't be further from the truth!

I am relieved that Utah survived the last few months, but I’m still sad at the loss of the PAC12, especially as someone who lives on the western end. I know we have only been in the conference since 2011, but it’s been our home, we worked very hard to get there and now we are being forced to abandon. I do wish the PAC12 was still alive. I might dislike USC, but I loved playing them and we had a small, budding rivalry with them. I also feel awful for WSU and OSU. When I see them, I’m sorta reminded of Utah from 2004-2014.

It’s also strange because lots of BIG12 fans are acting like we are ungrateful by being upset or sad at the move. I’m absolutely grateful to the BIG12 for giving us a lifeboat, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad that the ship sunk.

I'm positive the Big 12 will work for us in terms of excitement, and I’ll say some positive things about our future opponents and games.

Iowa State: I grew to really like the basketball program through Jeff Hornacek. I had the pleasure of watching them when they came to the Salt Lake Regional in the NCAA tournament. I look forward to the Utes getting their butts kicked by them the next few years. The 2010 football game was a crazy one! Reggie Dunn taking it 100 yds on a 3rd quarter kickoff, and Utah putting up 239 yds rushing.

BYU: this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the whole country, and instantly becomes one of the biggest rivalries in the BIG12. The uniform matchup is also the best in CFB (suck it USC and FUCLA).

TCU: I am so excited for this game to be back again. If there is any program that has mirrored Utah for the past 20 years, it’s TCU. They also have some of my favorite uniforms in the whole country.

Arizona, ASU, Colorado: I know these teams aren’t the best in regards to football, but I’m glad they bring a semblance of familiarity to the transition. Colorado is also technically a rival too lmao.

TTU and Cincinnati: Uniform color bros! I’m excited to see what uniforms we wear against each other lol.

Oklahoma State: They are another team that is identical to Utah in a way. I’m excited to see Whitt and Gundy play against each other! Whitt’s overall record is 154-74, with an 11-5 bowl record. Gundy’s overall record is 156-75, with an 11-6 bowl record. That is frighteningly similar lol.

The Utes should come into the conference with a pretty deep team. I'm looking forward to how we stack up week in week out.
I’m willing to listen lol but you have some friends out there that aren’t helping

flinkpoyd01

Sep 27, 2009
SLC, UT
Welcome, from an ISU alum and former ISU staff member who has called the SLC area (Davis county) home for the last 12 years. Already have tix to see the cyclones play BYU nov 11 (really excited to see how depressing “tailgating” is at BYU lol) and looking forward to seeing them play at Rice Eccles and the huntsman center.

uteman1011

Aug 5, 2023
Welcome, from an ISU alum and former ISU staff member who has called the SLC area (Davis county) home for the last 12 years. Already have tix to see the cyclones play BYU nov 11 (really excited to see how depressing “tailgating” is at BYU lol) and looking forward to seeing them play at Rice Eccles and the huntsman center.
Thank you! I grew up in Bountiful. Good luck with BYU tailgating. Bring a sandwich.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Not sure...looked it up and he had a pretty good game (2 catches, 75 yards, 1 TD) but everyone had a decent game for Utah that night.

78-yard punt return to set up 1st and goal (Utah TD)
32-yard passing TD
61-yard receiving TD
41-yard punt return inside the ISU 25 (Utah TD)

261 all-purpose yards

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Welcome to the Big 12! Excited to play against the Utes. You guys have a great program. Also looking forward to making a basketball game/ski trip combo. SLC is what Denver wishes it was imo.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Hello All! We were visited by a few of your friends at utefans.net last week and were invited to take a look around here.

Hopefully you'll tolerate Utah fans once you get to know us. X/Twitter is a cesspool of the worst. I apologize for a couple fools behavior over there who are making people believe they represent Utah. It couldn't be further from the truth!

I am relieved that Utah survived the last few months, but I’m still sad at the loss of the PAC12, especially as someone who lives on the western end. I know we have only been in the conference since 2011, but it’s been our home, we worked very hard to get there and now we are being forced to abandon. I do wish the PAC12 was still alive. I might dislike USC, but I loved playing them and we had a small, budding rivalry with them. I also feel awful for WSU and OSU. When I see them, I’m sorta reminded of Utah from 2004-2014.

It’s also strange because lots of BIG12 fans are acting like we are ungrateful by being upset or sad at the move. I’m absolutely grateful to the BIG12 for giving us a lifeboat, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad that the ship sunk.

I'm positive the Big 12 will work for us in terms of excitement, and I’ll say some positive things about our future opponents and games.

Iowa State: I grew to really like the basketball program through Jeff Hornacek. I had the pleasure of watching them when they came to the Salt Lake Regional in the NCAA tournament. I look forward to the Utes getting their butts kicked by them the next few years. The 2010 football game was a crazy one! Reggie Dunn taking it 100 yds on a 3rd quarter kickoff, and Utah putting up 239 yds rushing.

BYU: this is one of the most underrated rivalries in the whole country, and instantly becomes one of the biggest rivalries in the BIG12. The uniform matchup is also the best in CFB (suck it USC and FUCLA).

TCU: I am so excited for this game to be back again. If there is any program that has mirrored Utah for the past 20 years, it’s TCU. They also have some of my favorite uniforms in the whole country.

Arizona, ASU, Colorado: I know these teams aren’t the best in regards to football, but I’m glad they bring a semblance of familiarity to the transition. Colorado is also technically a rival too lmao.

TTU and Cincinnati: Uniform color bros! I’m excited to see what uniforms we wear against each other lol.

Oklahoma State: They are another team that is identical to Utah in a way. I’m excited to see Whitt and Gundy play against each other! Whitt’s overall record is 154-74, with an 11-5 bowl record. Gundy’s overall record is 156-75, with an 11-6 bowl record. That is frighteningly similar lol.

The Utes should come into the conference with a pretty deep team. I'm looking forward to how we stack up week in week out.
I hear Utah is a beautiful state. You want some of our water?