Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just want ASU so I can go on that road trip and check out the scenery if you know what I mean.
I’ve seen some things on Mill Ave that would send even the most devout BYU student to hell.

Cannot wait to visit there again then flip the script the next night and go to Old Town Scottsdale for more… mature ladies if you know what I mean

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Hate to burst your bubble, but you think a conference with the leftovers from the P12, B12, ACC and some G5 schools is sitting at the same table with what the SEC and B10 would look like at that point? This is pretty obviously a 2 conference race.

What else is the B12 supposed to do?

Somebody’s gotta be Conference #3. Might as well position yourself as best you can for that. Wishing that somehow you’ll get invited to the P2 table does zilch.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The Big 12 needs to push for Oregon and Washington, they're the best brands available and there's no guarantee the B1G is going to offer them more money for a tougher path to the playoff. Media buyers can get them into a P3 slot much cheaper over time than putting them in the B1G, so they should be more willing to step up.

Way too many people in here content with being a distant third place in the football arms race.

UO, UW, and UA is the correct play.

I think you need to understand that now that the Big 10 apparently is actively pursuing ORWA, there's not a damn thing the Big 12 can do to make ORWA the "right play" - not when everyone and their mother knows ORWA wants to go to the Big 10.

Of course ORWA would be better than ASU, UU, or UConn. It's probably not happening at this point.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
Does this mean that they are cool with UA, ASU and UU? Or are they happy to take on Oregon and UW?
I think Oregon and UW are long-shots (e.g. less than 5 percent chance). Most realistic best case scenario, IMO, would be to add AU, ASU, and Utah. The other option would be to just add AU and stick with 14 members.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
What else is the B12 supposed to do?

Somebody’s gotta be Conference #3. Might as well position yourself as best you can for that. Wishing that somehow you’ll get invited to the P2 table does zilch.

The Big 12’s quick acceptance of this reality is probably why it will survive. The Pac-10 minus USC/UCLA was still asking networks for $50M per school last summer. Meanwhile the Big 12 cut the line and got the $32M deal.

The Big 12 also benefits from having all of its members on the same page about the state of things. Even if some schools in the ACC get it too, they still have to deal with FSU and Clemson flailing around trying to get out.

By not pretending that it was still a fight for the top 2 spots, the Big 12 probably grabbed the only spot left even though it’s in 3rd place.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

I think the B1G will add Oregon & Washington now, and Florida State, Notre Dame, Virginia, North Carolina, Clemson, and one more later. The one more will be interesting; I’ll guess Miami unless the SEC decides to change course.

I could see the SEC adding NC State and Virginia Tech, but it will depend on their on-field performance between now and whenever this blows up.

If all of this happens, the Big 12 will have its choice of programs like Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, Duke, Georgia Tech. Those first four sound like pretty good fits in a league that’s going heavy into basketball.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Rods79

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

Am I the only one seeing what's happening here? C'mon. It seems a little obvious. Fox just said take the rest of the 4 corners at 31.7. That'll put downward pressure on OR/WA and whomever else from the P12 to capitulate to a substantially lower price for the B1G AND remove the stigma they killed the P12. Very smart move $$$-wise since their investment is only part of that 31.7, but their savings on B1G are substantially more.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think Oregon and UW are long-shots (e.g. less than 5 percent chance). Most realistic best case scenario, IMO, would be to add AU, ASU, and Utah. The other option would be to just add AU and stick with 14 members.
Ranking the PAC X for the best media options and thus priority of invite by the Big 12 at 31.7 mil.
1. Wash, 2. Oregon, 3. Utah, 4. Arizona, 5. Stanford. 6. ASU, 7. Cal

As you noted the smoke is Big10 will be offering Wash/Oregon membership at a reduced rate (assume 40mil?). There are rumors that the Big 10 Presidents would prefer Stanford to Oregon.
I think we can safely assume that Arizona is 14 locked
Just move down the list and take the best that accepts now
2. Wash.Oregon gets the last 2 positions over Utah if the Big 10 hold off expansion then if UT is reluctant ASU gets 16.
Stanford would be a nice grab but the thought is they are Big or independent thus not an option in my mind. Yormark should still offer and see.

• Informative
Reactions: Jayshellberg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

OMG! I wonder if that is real?

You see, I live in MO, and pretty much think that fireworks are:
A waste of money. Stupid. Dangerous. Disrespectful (noise, dogs, Vets). Yet our State allows them.

And this is what could happen. Sheesh! The only thing better worse here, would be if their van caught on fire, blew up, their son had to go to the ER, then their house burned down. The fire Dept was then called to put it out and lost a man!

Yes, fireworks totally makes sense, NOT. Sorry for the rant.
Edit: Just to be clear...

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: JCity

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron