JTS Improvements - Want More

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The question I have on the 3rd deck on the east side... do we keep the existing 2nd level? If you look at other stadiums the seating angle is much steeper. JTS lower bowl isn't really made to be built upwards. Even on the 2nd level top rows you start getting pretty far away from the field.
I think there are a few options if they ever do it. They could possibly put it directly above the 2nd deck, making a sort of roof over the second deck. I doubt they would put a 3rd deck behind the 2nd, and it very well could have a different pitch.

What I envision is:
They extend the Jack Trice club, all the way to the bottom, possibly on both sides. This would be a massive increase in club level seats. But also decrease the number of donor seats in that location, and shift the donor sections further into non donor sections etc. This added club revenue, would not only help pay for a 3rd deck, but also drive the need for more "cheap seats" after the donor seats take up more of the none donor seating.

Then if they did the same thing, on the West Side, adding a club section in the center of the lower bowl, it would require the removal of several suites, to make the club amenities. This would then push the need for more suites somewhere else, ie a new sky box.

That is one option.

Another would be to build a new skybox and "hang" a club below it above the west side 2nd deck. But those club sections would not be as valuable as ones in the lower bowl.

The biggest issues, cost, how much value there is to club seats in various locations, and the demand for club seating, can we fill club sections that size on one or both sides?

All of this would be very expensive, and I dont see any of it happening until at least after CyTown is fully complete and revenue is coming in from it.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
These renderings are pretty cool. I like the one that keeps the grass hills, but bowls in the north end zone a little. I could see that happening if Campbell can go all Bill Snyder for the next couple of decades.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
These renderings are pretty cool. I like the one that keeps the grass hills, but bowls in the north end zone a little. I could see that happening if Campbell can go all Bill Snyder for the next couple of decades.
Agree. I am not sure if the sight lines would be that great for lower bowl seats due to the Jacobson building.

Maybe the Jacobsen building makes it difficult for any permanent seats in NEZ.

• Agree
Reactions: cytor

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Has anyone ever photoshop'd an East 3rd deck with an expanded West side press box on here?
Drawing3-Model1024-1.jpg

LowOverhead

Jun 15, 2015
Was SE Iowa
Here’s my request. I sit on a mobility scooter in the accessible (handicap) section in the top row of the east side lower bowl (concession level). I cannot see either the north or south scoreboards. So no replays. I would like a row of monitors on the underside of the bottom of the upper deck.

Similar to the arena at KC. I sit in the top most accessible seating. However above me is a press row and they have monitors to assist in viewing the basketball game. Monitors are above my head, but I can look up to the see the replays. Sometimes they show video different than the scoreboard. I can see the scoreboard easily.

6FC111BC-D6A1-4F17-ABD9-27E72D8A13B0.jpeg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here’s my request. I sit on a mobility scooter in the accessible (handicap) section in the top row of the east side lower bowl (concession level). I cannot see either the north or south scoreboards. So no replays. I would like a row of monitors on the underside of the bottom of the upper deck.

Similar to the arena at KC. I sit in the top most accessible seating. However above me is a press row and they have monitors to assist in viewing the basketball game. Monitors are above my head, but I can look up to the see the replays. Sometimes they show video different than the scoreboard. I can see the scoreboard easily.

View attachment 112840

Username checks out.