Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There were only 2 years where we were "better" and 1 where we were "equal". And I forgot to mention that they've also won 6 of the last 7 against us in addition to the greater postseason success.
Do you think the second round is a major achievement over the first round? Or the NIT isn’t similar to not making the tourney? It’s called nobody interested tourney for a reason.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I sure as hell hope not to your bolded. Their fans will be insufferable for a decade if that happens. I want Louisville to take them out tomorrow. I don't want them to make the final four.
I, too, am praying that it doesn't happen but it is an all too real possibility. Iowa completely trashed Ohio State in the Big 10 championship and the Buckeyes just beat UConn in the Sweet 16.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Do you think the second round is a major achievement over the first round? Or the NIT isn’t similar to not making the tourney? It’s called nobody interested tourney for a reason.
2 Elite 8's to none
2 Sweet 16's (or 4 if you want to include the Elite 8 years) to 1
3 Big Ten tournament championships to 1 Big 12
1 Big Ten regular season championship to none
6 of 7 Cy-Hawk games.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
2 Elite 8's to none
6 of 7 Cy-Hawk games.
I didn’t double check but I only remember Iowa going past the sweet 16 the years I said besides these two years. They did it 2 plus those two? Yeah, I was off then. I also thought we won the first 3-4 of those cu hawks games, we only have won one over 10 years or so? That’s makes it even worse.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I didn’t double check but I only remember Iowa going past the sweet 16 the years I said besides these two years. They did it 2 plus those two? Yeah, I was off then. I also thought we won the first 3-4 of those cu hawks games, we only have won one over 10 years or so? That’s makes it even worse.
Prior to last year our most recent win over Iowa was during Bridget Carleton's freshman year.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
They don't have any scholarships open so not likely even a consideration. Might see her at another Big Ten school though. Not sure which, I'm not following Big Ten rosters or recruiting other than keeping one eye on the Gophers again.

Because they’re still playing, they haven’t had their postseason transfers out. They will have at least two departures.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
I sure as hell hope not to your bolded. Their fans will be insufferable for a decade if that happens. I want Louisville to take them out tomorrow. I don't want them to make the final four.
Can you imagine the slobberfest over CC if they make the final 4.

• Sad
Reactions: CRcyclone6

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
2 Elite 8's to none
6 of 7 Cy-Hawk games.

Yep…. Iowa has a much better WBB program than ISU…. and have for a while now.

With that being said…. I tried watching Iowa’s last game and had to turn the channel…. just can not stand watching Clark play. She acts exactly how I would teach my daughter NOT to act on the basketball court. Whining all the time about everything, and also disrespectful of the opponent too. Extremely arrogant.

Ashley Jones on the other hand, is exactly how you would want your daughter to act…. just go about your business and let your play speak for itself.

Junejax

Mar 2, 2013
Yep…. Iowa has a much better WBB program than ISU…. and have for a while now.

With that being said…. I tried watching Iowa’s last game and had to turn the channel…. just can not stand watching Clark play. She acts exactly how I would teach my daughter NOT to act on the basketball court. Whining all the time about everything, and also disrespectful of the opponent too. Extremely arrogant.

Ashley Jones on the other hand, is exactly how you would want your daughter to act…. just go about your business and let your play speak for itself.
The Iowa State Way ;)

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Agree to a degree.
This success may significantly help them in recruiting.
CC is making a ton of $ as I understand it - and with Covid she may have 2 more years.
They are probably going to be good for a while.
Would be surprised if she sticks around 2 more years. She's too good a competitor and player to not play against the best players in the world after next season. She'll have plenty of marketing deals as a pro.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
The two schools I think that may get Doranski are Indiana or UCONN. These are just guesses as I have no knowledge. I don’t think she will go Big XII.

Random thought that popped into my head, if no big schools go for her or it isn’t the right fit, would someone stay at said school? I doubt it but I wonder if it is like going to combine and getting feelers out but then staying where you are.

Junejax

Mar 2, 2013
The two schools I think that may get Doranski are Indiana or UCONN. These are just guesses as I have no knowledge. I don’t think she will go Big XII.

Random thought that popped into my head, if no big schools go for her or it isn’t the right fit, would someone stay at said school? I doubt it but I wonder if it is like going to combine and getting feelers out but then staying where you are.
She would be a great fit at Indiana U, with Grace Berger having just finished her eligibility.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU71

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
Not sure why you guys think she would only go somewhere a great player just left. She can contribute to almost any program in the country.

ISU40

Jan 8, 2012
Ames
Not sure why you guys think she would only go somewhere a great player just left. She can contribute to almost any program in the country.
If she left to improve her WNBA stock, she needs to go somewhere she will have a better shot. Not even discounting a Stanford or Tennessee.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
This is accurate, imo Huge loss. Best of luck to her. Lex was a longtime ISU fan so Bill had to REALLY screw this up.
again we don’t know the real situation. It could be different things. Let’s not rush to point fingers at BF.

Let’s say if the reason is burnout, should we blame BF if she feels the demand is too much? It would be unfair to ask BF to make exceptions.

No one knows and until we know it is unfair to point fingers at BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron