Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
If you think Iowa and CC are going to win the National Title, you haven't been watching South Carolina. They play a totally different level of basketball.

Reactions: Junejax

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
I believe it was On3 that reported she was #4 in America, all sports, men and women.
But most of that would probably be money from national brands and such versus IA donor money. I am getting at that she would be close to that money at other schools as well. Not exclusive to Iowa. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Junejax

Mar 2, 2013
But most of that would probably be money from national brands and such versus IA donor money. I am getting at that she would be close to that money at other schools as well. Not exclusive to Iowa. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Buick, Nike, Bose are among her deals. Hy-Vee at a more regional level.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I suspect that is true - she is a national brand. You see and hear about her everywhere.

You do not get it unless you are a strong candidate for national POY.

Any reports I have seen suggest Iowas collective has about 10x the money we have, plus with their new TV deal they can “redirect” money to NIL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I suspect that is true - she is a national brand. You see and hear about her everywhere.
She gets a TON of non Hawk eyeballs on her.
Even my mom who went to a different B1G school.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If you think Iowa and CC are going to win the National Title, you haven't been watching South Carolina. They play a totally different level of basketball.
Thought that too, but I was far from impressed watching them today and walked away thinking Iowa could beat them for one reason - South Carolina is elite in the post, but was unimpressed with their ability to guard the 3. UCLA shot 3-18, but half of those were wide open, no one around them and they were clanked

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
She gets a TON of non Hawk eyeballs on her.
Even my mom who went to a different B1G school.
You might argue the SC center gets NPOY, but I think Clark gets it. She is just too big for WBB. Heck - LeBron James talks about her.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

You do not get it unless you are a strong candidate for national POY.

Any reports I have seen suggest Iowas collective has about 10x the money we have, plus with their new TV deal they can “redirect” money to NIL.

She has enough name recognition that any "collective" stuff isn't really needed for her. Companies are coming to her for legit advertising and PR reasons.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Thought that too, but I was far from impressed watching them today and walked away thinking Iowa could beat them for one reason - South Carolina is elite in the post, but was unimpressed with their ability to guard the 3. UCLA shot 3-18, but half of those were wide open, no one around them and they were clanked
I agree with this. I was not as impressed with SC as I thought I would be. The difference might be the SC defense. They are tough. I think it’s all on Clark. If SC has to double her she will find the open player. They have shooters. I really doubt their post player, who is very good, will have any success against SC. I would not completely discount Louisville’s ability to beat iowa. Very well coached team.

Reactions: undersized_post

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Close rounds don’t make close fights. Who do you think has more to sell right now?
In that period that was posted, there were years we were better, years that they were better and several that were identical. That was a 10-15 year run. If you want at this moment, it would be Iowa.

Using today, who has more to sell, Iowa or Iowa state for men?

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
South Carolina is unbeaten but not unbeatable. They went to OT with Stanford and Ole Miss and won a narrow game over an injury ravaged UConn.

More importantly, Iowa only needs to beat them once.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
South Carolina is unbeaten but not unbeatable. They went to OT with Stanford and Ole Miss and won a narrow game over an injury ravaged UConn.

More importantly, Iowa only needs to beat them once.

I sure as hell hope not to your bolded. Their fans will be insufferable for a decade if that happens. I want Louisville to take them out tomorrow. I don't want them to make the final four.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
In that period that was posted, there were years we were better, years that they were better and several that were identical. That was a 10-15 year run. If you want at this moment, it would be Iowa.

Using today, who has more to sell, Iowa or Iowa state for men?
There were only 2 years where we were "better" and 1 where we were "equal". And I forgot to mention that they've also won 6 of the last 7 against us in addition to the greater postseason success.

Status
Not open for further replies.