*** Official #13 IOWA STATE vs Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Is it rushing the floor if there’s more TT basketball players than fans on the court?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Should take some of the pressure off the guys going forward. Still a lot to play for but these guys play differently when they're looking down at the rest of the league in the standings.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Time for the coaches and players to look deep in their heart and decide what they are going to do now. Kansas is coming up; team has zero momentum, and the only bright spot is the game is at home. You have to play with heart, and we did not do that the entire second half. Out played out coached and it's not looking good for the Cyclones.

Gary_ISU

Apr 12, 2006
It started with the "pity fouls" when we were up 59-36 or whatever and the refs used that as the baseline for the rest of the game and we never adjusted. I, for one, think that's on the refs. IF it was called like that all game it's one thing, but it changed mid-game which is insane
I think it’s more we got lazy on defense and over confident and they attacked and took the ball to the basket.

CysFam

Jul 24, 2021
Very Iowa State to show how good they can be and then give it away in the worst way possible. I’m done being invested in this team for the year.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Horrible, horrible loss. I know, they're still in fairly good position but damn if it doesn't feel like they're figured out a bit at a similar point to last year's team.

A good B12 finish and tourney run are still on the table. My hope is that with two top 10 (maybe for '24, pretty early and no top 15ish guys there probably) classes coming in, a more aggressive approach is taken this off-season.

I am worried that the relative lack of ball skills and comfortability under duress will be the big Achilles heel again. Need to prioritize that more this off-season, and if you're gonna bring in transfers that barely play (Ward, should be playing over Jones but I digress) it should be guards given how much CBB is a guard's game. Just can't be one injury away from just hoping someone goes off with difficult shots.