49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
What if I would have told you…..

I’ve been very impressed with Brock’s ability to eliminate the bad throws and plays. We all knew he had this in him but would mix in a few WTF throws and make bad plays.

Doesn’t hurt to have all of that talent around you but he’s not making many, if any, mistakes which is crazy for a rookie.

Knowing him from ISU, some of his best plays have been securing ball and taking the sack. Especially with at that defense.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I’ve been very impressed with Brock’s ability to eliminate the bad throws and plays. We all knew he had this in him but would mix in a few WTF throws and make bad plays.

Doesn’t hurt to have all of that talent around you but he’s not making many, if any, mistakes which is crazy for a rookie.
I love Brock and he's been really good, but he's still had 1-2 bad throws most games and has been lucky not to be punished for them. He's hit a defender in the chest a couple times and they just didn't secure it. Like I said, there's probably way WAY more good than bad, but the narrative could be a lot different if some of those plays turned into turnovers. I absolutely agree that he hasn't had anything close to something like that backwards pass at ISU.

Edit: I'm not sure how to exactly quantify what I'm trying to say, but I'm definitely not trying to bag on him at all. The way I see it at the moment is, even with the mistakes, he's probably been a much better than avg NFL QB and with a little luck he's been elite at times.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: aauummm and MnBrPg