49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Yes, I know Jalen won't be on the field at the same time as BCB but it's fun to look at when they faced each other in 2019. ISU lost 42-41; Brock threw 5 TDs and Hurts had 3 (and 1 pick);

View attachment 108650
They just mentioned this game on the NFL Network, and Maurice Jones-Drew (UCLA player) dismissed the game because they"Don't play defense in the Big Xii".

I do agree that I highly doubt the 49ers-Eagles game will be 42-41, but if it is, it will be an instant classic.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Let's face it, the Big 12 was saved by the NFL to produce QB's. 3/4 from B12 and the 4th was born in Ames.
Not to wreck a good story, but Hurts played in 3 National Championship Games (2 as a starter) at Alabama (2016-17-18) and Burrow won a National Championship at LSU (2019), so it's really more like a Big Xii vs. SEC QB Battle Royale! Brock Purdy is in some high cotton for sure!

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Not to wreck a good story, but Hurts played in 3 National Championship Games (2 as a starter) at Alabama (2016-17-18) and Burrow won a National Championship at LSU (2019), so it's really more like a Big Xii vs. SEC QB Battle Royale! Brock Purdy is in some high cotton for sure!
Gabe Kalscheur isn't a Gopher. Tyrese Hunter isn't a Cyclone. I'm not claiming Jalen Coleman-Lands national title last season.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
They just mentioned this game on the NFL Network, and Maurice Jones-Drew (UCLA player) dismissed the game because they"Don't play defense in the Big Xii".

I do agree that I highly doubt the 49ers-Eagles game will be 42-41, but if it is, it will be an instant classic.
Was watching this in real time, picked up the remote, and changed the channel. Might be a few days before I go back.

He was ******* adamant. And then his cohost notes he’s from the PAC. The land of ******* D.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Gabe Kalscheur isn't a Gopher. Tyrese Hunter isn't a Cyclone. I'm not claiming Jalen Coleman-Lands national title last season.
There is a difference. Jalen Hurts played 3 years at Alabama (2 as a starter), played in 3 National Championship Games (2 as a starter), won two SEC Championships (started one and finished the other), etc. went to OU as a free agent for one year after making his name at Alabama, not one year at Alabama with a transfer for 3 at Oklahoma. Jalen is still considered part of the Alabama family by Alabama and by Jalen. The other players you mentioned are different situations.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I don't understand your post. There's always more than one way to look at things. This a B12 team fan site. Why the hell would we care about how bama and the sec see it? And why do you feel that it's important that we see the narrative as you do?

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS and IASTATE07

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
There is a difference. Jalen Hurts played 3 years at Alabama (2 as a starter), played in 3 National Championship Games (2 as a starter), won two SEC Championships (started one and finished the other), etc. went to OU as a free agent for one year after making his name at Alabama, not one year at Alabama with a transfer for 3 at Oklahoma. Jalen is still considered part of the Alabama family by Alabama and by Jalen. The other players you mentioned are different situations.
I understand the sentiment since you are from Alabama, but by comparison Wesley Johnson is not a Cyclone, played more years at ISU than Syracuse. Of course Alabama claims him, fan bases claim players that go to "worse" pastures. Read the name tag: 1674447322510.png

Reactions: AlaCyclone

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I’ve been very impressed with Brock’s ability to eliminate the bad throws and plays. We all knew he had this in him but would mix in a few WTF throws and make bad plays.

Doesn’t hurt to have all of that talent around you but he’s not making many, if any, mistakes which is crazy for a rookie.

• Agree
Reactions: clonehome

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I understand the sentiment since you are from Alabama, but by comparison Wesley Johnson is not a Cyclone, played more years at ISU than Syracuse. Of course Alabama claims him, fan bases claim players that go to "worse" pastures. Read the name tag: View attachment 108652
I understand the subtleties. They are all different. I just consider players who had a career at one school to be more of a product of that school than a school they go to as a one year free agent like Jalen did. I don't even think about his year at Oklahoma. He had a fantastic career at AIabama in and of itself. That's just me though.

FYI: If he has only spent 2 years at Alabama and transferred to OU for 2, I'd probably think differently. If he was only 1 year at Alabama and 3 at Oklahoma, I would definitely consider him a Sooner first and foremost.

Another good example is Russell Wilson who had a great career at NC State before transferring to Wisconsin for one season. No biggie though. Just a different way of looking at things.

One thing about Brock though is that he was 100% an Iowa State Cyclone for all four years!

@NATEizKING Edited a bit but did not change the basic content, just the structure a bit, :)

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I understand the subtleties. They are all different. I just consider players who had a career at one school to be more of a product of that school than a school they go to as a one year free agent like Jalen did. I don't even think about his year at Oklahoma. He had a fantastic career at AIabama in and of itself. That's just me though. FYI: If he has only spent two years at Alabama and trnaferred to OU for two, I'd probably think differently. If he was only one year at Alabama and 3 at Oklahoma, I woudl definitely consider him a Sooner first and foremost.

Another good example is Russell Wilson who had a great career at NC State before transferring to Wisconsin for one season. No biggie though. Just a different way of looking at things.

One thing about Brock though is that he was 100% an Iowa State Cyclone for all four years!
Little different when that 1 year is with Lincoln Reilly. He just churns out Heisman winners.