KXNO Sports Fanatics

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
In the latest installment of The Drive, Heather once again showed her lack of sports knowledge by asking if Tre King would be eligible for the Baylor game or if he had to wait until Jan 1!!! How can you be a host of a local sports show and not know that he played last week?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
In the latest installment of The Drive, Heather once again showed her lack of sports knowledge by asking if Tre King would be eligible for the Baylor game or if he had to wait until Jan 1!!! How can you be a host of a local sports show and not know that he played last week?

I would say the bar is low in Des Moines, but that would be a lie. There is no bar.

Reactions: CyNews and Acylum

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Well I went to Lowes and their show started, all it was Sean talking about his new car, and heather talking about her new bike. Oh and Sean was getting a fade after the show.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
And she’s supposed to be the big Cyclone personality on the station. Lol.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well I went to Lowes and their show started, all it was Sean talking about his new car, and heather talking about her new bike. Oh and Sean was getting a fade after the show.

So did her and 5o get matching Harleys or is it a bicycle.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Heather tried to back track her tweet from last night. She kept saying it felt like something she shouldn't be watching. Well you do the choice to turn the channel if you felt that way.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We ate there a few times. Food was decent. But we are not going back. Owner is a jerk. Now suing people that wrote negative comments about him on Facebook.

Couldn't find another thread just on him so drug this one up. I see Steve is back up to his tricks again, this time harassing a woman by using a GPS tracking device:
Des Moines restaurant owner Steve McFadden arrested again (desmoinesregister.com)

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I was listening yesterday and i think i kind of got a hold of what annoys me about "The Drive" (some stuff listed on this thread already).
1. I think Sean is pretty sharp sports wise and has decent takes. When he hosted a Saturday AM show i noticed he wasn't as "bro-y" and just talked sports with his co-host. I feel on The Drive he tends to still add too may "that's my guy, baby" or "That's what I'm talkin bout" or other cliche/bro type endings to sentences.
2. It seems Heather seems to still "parent" him or treat him like a dope/sidekick (which i don't think he is)
3. Often her takes SEEM to be stuff that we may easily get from a weak twitter take or borderline rumor feeling (like she may chime in with "Well Sean maybe that's because they don't allow XYZ into the arena" and it's not true...but he just is like "Man, I don't know, I thought they did"
4. SO, it seems often she will interrupt him and try to make him look dumb (and sometimes it is when he is actually saying something of substance) and he doesn't correct/argue with her....more just assumes the role of sidekick

Ok, that was overanalyzing, but listen for it and see if you agree.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I was listening yesterday and i think i kind of got a hold of what annoys me about "The Drive" (some stuff listed on this thread already).
1. I think Sean is pretty sharp sports wise and has decent takes. When he hosted a Saturday AM show i noticed he wasn't as "bro-y" and just talked sports with his co-host. I feel on The Drive he tends to still add too may "that's my guy, baby" or "That's what I'm talkin bout" or other cliche/bro type endings to sentences.
2. It seems Heather seems to still "parent" him or treat him like a dope/sidekick (which i don't think he is)
3. Often her takes SEEM to be stuff that we may easily get from a weak twitter take or borderline rumor feeling (like she may chime in with "Well Sean maybe that's because they don't allow XYZ into the arena" and it's not true...but he just is like "Man, I don't know, I thought they did"
4. SO, it seems often she will interrupt him and try to make him look dumb (and sometimes it is when he is actually saying something of substance) and he doesn't correct/argue with her....more just assumes the role of sidekick

Ok, that was overanalyzing, but listen for it and see if you agree.
I can’t decide if that show or The Morning Rush is worse. I listened to the beginning of The Drive yesterday to see if any ISU people would be on and they led with saying 5-0 would be on in a few minutes to talk about a shooting in DM. kthxbye.

Reactions: CapnCy