Cryptocurrency

Ames

Sep 5, 2006
I think you mean capital gains loss not wash trade. New slogan for all you true believers:

"Decrease your taxes by investing in crypto!"
Because crypto is an asset you don't have to worry about a wash sale if you sell and buy it back within 30 days. Unlike stocks. So you can capture the loss and get right back in.

That said I assume more restrictive legislation is coming and I avoid doing things like that just so if I ever were audited I don't have anything that even looks at all like trying to avoid taxes. It's easy enough to sell one crypto and find another to buy.

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
Right (sarcasm).

I mean, he really nailed it on the internet, right? Great track record on tech. Sorry for the low hanging fruit, but this one will always be a real laugher.

"By 2005 or so it will become clear that the internet's impact on the economy will be no greater than the fax machine"

--Krugman

He also completely missed on inflation. He even wrote an article explaining his wrongness.

Krugman is a known partisan source for economic opinion who caters to readers who have zero knowledge of the matter and focuses on straw man attacks of political adversaries. He hasn't contributed anything meaningful to his field in years. Hell, his Nobel was for work done in the 1970s.

If you dig him, great. But the whole, well...Krugman thinks so doesn't hold a lot of water for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyrealist

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I mean, he really nailed it on the internet, right? Great track record on tech. Sorry for the low hanging fruit, but this one will always be a real laugher.

"By 2005 or so it will become clear that the internet's impact on the economy will be no greater than the fax machine"

--Krugman

He also completely missed on inflation. He even wrote an article explaining his wrongness.

Krugman is a known partisan source for economic opinion who caters to readers who have zero knowledge of the matter and focuses on straw man attacks of political adversaries. He hasn't contributed anything meaningful to his field in years. Hell, his Nobel was for work done in the 1970s.

If you dig him, great. But the whole, well...Krugman thinks so doesn't hold a lot of water for me.

Do Laffer.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I must say, you certainly seem to have the crypto jargon down pat.

I guess if Krugman continues to pooh-pooh, I'm not eager to dive in, especially since I don't see the advantage over traditional currency.

Indeed, the cult of the genius entrepreneur has played a large role in the rolling debacle that is crypto. Sam Bankman-Fried of FTX wasn’t selling a real product nor, as far as anyone can tell, are those of his former competitors who haven’t yet gone bankrupt: After all this time, nobody has come up with significant real-world uses for cryptocurrency other than money-laundering. What Bankman-Fried was selling, instead, was an image, that of the mussy-haired, scruffily dressed visionary who grasps the future in a way normies can’t.
That dude has almost no clue. Or he does, but his opinions align exactly with what those in power want to do.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Seems overly simplistic and not a great tool for any kind of policy. Economics has too many factors for the curve to look like that.

Laffer Curve is a laugher. Farce. Scam. American people the victims. Tool used to sell the scam of Republican tax cuts.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
This is wildly inaccurate and completely void of any understanding of the history of money. Why should a currency have an issuer?

Early money was precious metal. The metal held the value. We now have fiat currency. Issuer of fiat currency credibility becomes the largest factor in currency value.

FTX is worthless cryptocurrency. Issuer makes a difference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron