*** Official IOWA STATE vs #20 UCONN Game(Day) Thread ***

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our lack of team reps and not having that consistent shooter is hurting us. Hopefully this is a coming out party for Lipsy.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is it okay if I still go throw on some My Chemical Romance while look at myself in disgust in the mirror and thing about getting a neck tattoo of my ex girlfriends name after the game?

Not if you're not crying the whole time.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Is it okay if I still go throw on some My Chemical Romance while look at myself in disgust in the mirror and thing about getting a neck tattoo of my ex girlfriends name after the game?

I wouldn’t recommend the tattoo.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
The talk I heard before the game was how good Senogal (sp?) was but I've been more impressed with them when he's been off the floor. Small sample size obviously but that freshman is a man child.

Reactions: davegilbertson

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Every one of us would have taken a 2-1 record coming in. Even better, that includes wins over Nova (I know it’s this year’s team but the name matters) and UNC. We ran into a really good team. This is only our 2nd non-con loss under TJ and you can’t fault our effort in either. If anything, this is going to push the new guys even harder - not a lot of teams like this in the A-10 or in high school.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
I'm not conceding anything to UConn. They are good but this is one of those games where everything is breaking their way. A different night we can beat them. They aren't great.
I agree things are breaking their way. I agree on a different night we can beat them. I disagree in that I think they are a great team, and ours is a good team. They probably win 6/10 against us. Maybe 7/10.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
If we can win over 50% of our games in conference that will be good.
I mean… that would be ridiculously outstanding. 7 or 8 wins is a bit more realistic. They are going to score in the 50s quite a few time, like tonight, and I don’t see them winning many of those games.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It’s concerning how much our offense struggled against a really good defense, because we will see more of them this season.
Stats wise...we didn't play too poorly offensively. I'd venture a guess we will shoot under 44% fairly often this year and have very few games of less than 10 turnovers. We just can't give up 70 and expect to win. It'll happen if we catch fire but that's not going to be very often.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
? You lost me at the tattoo part especially the ex